Cisco Firewall License
Table of Contents
Nowadays, The fact that Protection based on ports, protocols, or Internet Protocol (IP) addresses is no longer reliable nor workable, caused the development of an identity-based security approach, which takes organizations a step beyond conventional security appliances that bind security to IP addresses.
Cisco Secure firewalls offers a very comprehensive feature set that helps secure networks of all shapes and sizes. To deliver the desired functionality within the available budget while allowing for future scalability, you can unlock advanced security capabilities and increase certain system capacities on demand through a flexible system of feature licenses.
Some characteristics of the hardware platform or expansion modules can enable certain feature licenses implicitly. You can also activate additional licenses permanently or for a certain duration of time. When multiple Cisco ASA devices participate in failover or clustering, some licensed capacities automatically aggregate up to the platform hardware limit to maximize your investment. Although this flexible system may seem complicated at first, it actually makes the task of customizing a Cisco ASA and Firepower for your specific business needs quite easy.
By introducing Cisco Firepower threat defense, now customers can migrate the existing ASA 5500-X and Cisco Secure Firepower to the FTD image and benefit from its features.
For more information, Security License
Cisco Secure Firewall Portfolio
For the small business, Cisco ASA 5500-X series next-gen firewalls provide a cost-effective solution. Also, out of the box these NGFWs offers strong firewall capabilities and threat inspection rates which makes them ideal for a single or remote branch office deployment. For midsize businesses, the Cisco Firepower 2100 series offers stronger security and more visibility.
Enhanced performance delivers firewall (Cisco Firewall License) throughput and threat inspection rates up to 8.5 gigabytes. If you are a service provider or data center, your security needs are greater. Therefore, you need more throughput and processing capabilities. The powerful Cisco firepower 4100 series and the Cisco firepower 9300 offer robust throughput speeds up to 90 Gigabytes to facilitate the most demanding scenarios. As your business grows and security demands increase, the Cisco NGFWs will scale with your needs.
Whether you need basic security or deep contextual awareness, Cisco’s customizable smart licensing options provide you with integrated industry-leading software, such as next-gen intrusion prevention, advanced malware protection and URL filtering. Managing Cisco firepower NGFWs is made easy with various tools to suit your operating style. An on-box Firepower Device Manager (FDM) can assist in single deployments, while a centralized manager provides granular tools to manage multiple NGFWs which double use throughout of your entire organization.
Widely deployed in leading private and public clouds, Cisco FTDv automatically scales up/down to meet the needs of dynamic cloud environments and high availability provides resilience. Also,
Cisco Firewall License
By enabling various features using Cisco Firewall license, can provide security along consistency and without speed reduction in the networks. Cisco FTD contains numerous features, which can be managed by Cisco FMC and FDM, should be enabled using different licenses.
- Essentially, a Base license is automatically included with every purchase of a Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) or Cisco FTDv The Base license allows you to:
- Config your FTD devices (Including Routing, Switching, DHCP relay and NAT)
- Config FTD HA pair
- Config security intra-chassis clustering (within a FPR 9300 and FPR 4100)
- Implement user and application control rules
- A Malware license leverages Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) with AMP for Networks and Cisco Threat Grid for Firepower Threat Defense devices. Using this feature, you can use FTD devices to detect and block malware in files transmitted over your network.
- A FTD Threat license lets you to perform:
- Intrusion detection and prevention: Analyze network traffic for intrusions and exploits and, optionally, drop offending packets.
- File control: Detect and, optionally, block users from uploading (sending) or downloading (receiving) files of specific types over specific application protocols.
- Security Intelligence filtering: Block —deny traffic to and from—specific IP addresses, URLs, and DNS domain names, before the traffic is subjected to analysis by access control rules
- The FTD URL Filtering license permits you to write ACP (Access Control Policy) rules that determine the traffic that can traverse your network based on URLs requested by monitored hosts, correlated with information about those URLs.
- The FTD AnyConnect License: Customers can use the FTD device to configure remote access VPN using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (AnyConnect) and standards-based IPSec/IKEv2. This feature can be enabled after purchasing and enabling one of the following licenses:
- FTD AnyConnect Plus
- AnyConnect Apex
- AnyConnect VPN Only
Customers can contact our sales specialists to fid further information about Firewall licenses.
Cisco Firewall Order Pricing
Cisco Firewall Series try to enhance the of infrastructure and applications management in companies and corporate networks. It gives the access layer infrastructure to its trustworthy users. Indeed there are different ways to contact us and order. The customers should proceed from Cisco License price quote to order and link to our experts to give them the best information and guidance. Our experts give the accurate information to the customers to buy related products and licenses.