Cisco Prime Network Registrar
With the growth of IP services and technologies, the increasing number of connected users, and the explosive growth of connected devices, Cisco Prime Network Registrar License has evolved to be an all-in-one, multifeatured, automated, crucial solution for service providers around the world.
Cisco Prime Network Registrar License is a scalable, high-performance, extensible solution that provides integrated Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP address management (IPAM) services. For cable providers, Cisco Prime Network Registrar provides reliable, scalable DNS and DHCP services for millions of devices and forms the basis of a Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS®) cable modem provisioning system. Additionally, Cisco Prime Network Registrar plays an important role in service activation for data, voice over IP (VoIP), and mobile services.
DNS is a core IP enabling service that is considered mission critical in today’s service provider and enterprise networks. Without a fast, reliable, and secure DNS service, subscribers’ broadband Internet access will be compromised. If DNS fails, the Internet will fail. In addition, many service providers have created a dynamic service delivery infrastructure based on DNS. Service quality and delivery help build competitive advantage and new revenue-generating opportunities. Therefore, high-performing, reliable, scalable, and secure DNS is an important requirement.
DHCP is a core network access technology – every device must be assigned a unique address when connected to the network, a virtually impossible task to undertake manually. Given the increasing number of connected users and connected devices as well as the growth in demand for network services driven by rich-media applications, automating the tracking and control of users and devices with a high-capacity DHCP server is imperative.
With the continual deployment of new IP services and technologies, the increasing number of connected users, and the explosive growth of connected devices, today’s complex networks also require a full-featured, automated IPAM solution. Without a next-generation, scalable IPAM system to plan, track, and manage the full lifecycle of IP address space and ease the transition to IPv6, service providers and enterprises risk incurring operating inefficiencies, unnecessary costs, and delayed service activation.
Migration to IPv6
The introduction of IPv6 into network environments presents significant challenges and has added complexity to DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (DDI). Since the full migration to IPv6 will take many years, it is important to have DDI support for both IPv6 and IPv4 addressing. Network operators require DNS and DHCP systems that support IPv4 and IPv6 as well as a full-featured, automated IP address management solution to plan, track, and manage IP addresses and ease the transition to IPv6.
Cisco Prime Network Registrar supports the IPv4 to IPv6 transition and allows dual-stack addressing deployments on a single server (Figure 1). The solution includes the following integrated components and their respective services – all supporting both IPv4 and IPv6:
- Cisco Prime Network Registrar DHCP: A single DHCP server for device network access
- Cisco Prime Network Registrar DNS: A single DNS server for IP address translation and service delivery
- Cisco Prime Network Registrar DNS Cashing Server: A DNS caching server that supports DNS Security (DNSSEC) extensions and is designed to prevent cache poisoning and other attacks
- Cisco Prime Network Registrar IPAM: A powerful, comprehensive IPAM system to automate and manage all IP address requirements
Features and Benefits
Cisco Prime Network Registrar provides the following features and benefits:
- Fast and scalable: With an extremely fast DHCP server, Cisco Prime Network Registrar has the ability to assign more than 47,000 DHCP leases per second. The solution is also the industry’s most scalable DHCP server – supporting more than 50 million devices in a single customer deployment. The recursive, extremely fast, Cisco Prime Network Registrar DNS caching server offers significant acceleration of DNS query throughput.
- Reliable: Cisco Prime Network Registrar helps address unique challenges in large-scale deployments of DHCP and DNS by offering multiple levels of redundancy with DHCPv4 and DPCHv6 simple failover, support for High-Availability DNS (HA-DNS), and IPAM database replication for backup of IPAM data. A patent-pending discriminating rate limiter provides unsurpassed DHCP avalanche prevention to reduce downtime after network outages.
- Consolidated IPv4 and IPv6 address management: Cisco Prime Network Registrar includes integrated, full lifecycle management for IPv4 and IPv6 and allows dual-stack addressing deployments on a single server. The full-featured DHCPv6 server provides support for address assignment, both stateless and stateful configuration, prefix delegation, and prefix stability. DNS64 functionality allows access to the IPv4 Internet and servers for hosts that have only an IPv6 address. Cisco Prime Network Registrar IPAM helps ease the transition to IPv6 with the ability to discover and inventory IPv4 and IPv6 resources, plan and model the way an IPv6 network is deployed, and map a current IPv4 network and devices to an IPv6 space. By helping to automate the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, Cisco Prime Network Registrar mitigates IP address scarcity, facilitates deployment of new revenue-generating services, and lowers IP address management overhead.
- Minimize management complexity with centralization and automation: Cisco Prime Network Registrar IPAM provides simplified, centralized management and control of IP address space and multivendor DNS and DHCP servers. Disparate DNS and DHCP servers can be difficult to manage cohesively but with Cisco Prime Network Registrar IPAM, administrators can control and monitor DNS and DHCP servers from a centralized location. This allows for a single point of data aggregation and delegation to synchronize information; eliminate many manual, time-consuming, and error-prone tasks; and reduce complexity and operating costs. In addition, with the ability to discover, track, allocate, assign, and reclaim IP addresses automatically and tools to model IP data, network operators can easily achieve significant efficiencies. Automation also helps eliminate IP conflicts and configuration errors, reducing downtime of DHCP and DNS services and lowering network operating costs.
- Extensible: Powerful, industry-leading extension support for both IPv4 and IPv6 allows network operators to alter and customize DHCP server operations for IPv4 and IPv6, improving network security, network performance, and third-party application integration. Extensions easily create new solutions such as billing, security, and lawful interception. In addition, extensive APIs and command-line interfaces (CLIs) allow integration points between the IPAM component and external systems for advanced automation of IPAM processes.
- Secure: DNSSEC and DNS firewall help protect against DNS vulnerabilities. DNSSEC protects against data spoofing, corruption, and DNS cache poisoning by authenticating data to the end user. It thereby provides validation that DNS data has been signed. The DNS firewall uses Response Policy Zones (RPZ) to identify black-and-white listed sites.
Cisco Prime Network Registrar Order Pricing
Cisco Prime Network Registrar Series try to enhance the of infrastructure and applications management in companies and corporate networks. It gives the access layer infrastructure to its trustworthy users. Indeed there are different ways to contact us and order. The customers should proceed from Cisco License price quote to order and link to our experts to give them the best information and guidance. Our experts give the accurate information to the customers to buy related products and licenses.