F5 BIG-IP Physical License
Big IP Physical
The On-Demand Application Delivery Controller
Your organization’s growing infrastructure puts more pressure on the network—from rising numbers of users and data center consolidation to cloud migrations and more feature-rich applications. Scaling your Application Delivery Network (ADN) to meet these ever-evolving demands means increased operational cost and complexity, limiting your organization’s ability to react quickly to new needs and opportunities. Each F5 VIPRION platform is a single, powerful Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with modular performance blades you can add or remove without disrupting users or applications. Instead of adding devices and segmenting applications, simply add more power to your existing infrastructure as needs and opportunities arise. VIPRION enables the scalability you need to establish a sustainable ADN growth strategy
- Reduce costs
Decrease OpEx and CapEx with the F5 ScaleN architecture, which provides unique flexibility to scale on demand, virtualize, and deliver application scaling in a device cluster.
- Maximize performance
Manage and protect demanding apps with industry-leading layer 4 and layer 7 performance and SSL processing power.
- Consolidate devices
Reduce the number of servers and ADCs along with power, space, cooling, and management requirements.
- Achieve ultimate reliability
Make the ADN always available with redundancy at both the chassis and blade levels Increase Intelligence, Not Operating Costs As your infrastructure grows and requires more power for layer 4 and layer 7 processing, SSL, compression, and more, you can simply add a blade to the VIPRION chassis and it will start processing traffic automatically. Whether you’re using one blade, four blades, or eight blades, VIPRION remains one device with fixed management costs.
For more information f5 big-ip license
Simplify Your Network
VIPRION can help you simplify your network by offloading servers and consolidating devices, saving management costs as well as power, space, and cooling in the data center.With VIPRION’s massive performance and scalability, you can reduce the number of Application Delivery Controllers you need to deliver even the most demanding applications. By offloading computationally intense processes, VIPRION significantly reduces the number of application servers you need. VIPRION includes:
- SSL/elliptical curve cryptography (ECC) hardware acceleration—Offloads costly SSL encryption. Accelerates key exchange and bulk encryption to provide best-in-market SSL performance. Enhances perfect forward secrecy (PFS) capabilities through improved ECC performance.
- Hardware compression—Enables you to cost effectively offload traffic compression processing from your servers. Improves page load times and reduces bandwidth utilization.
- F5 OneConnect™ connection pooling—Aggregates millions of TCP requests into hundreds of server-side connections. Increases server capacity and ensures requests are handled efficiently by the back-end system.
Maximize Large-Scale Application and Firewall Performance
With its industry-leading layer 4/7 throughput, connection processing, and SSL/ECC performance, VIPRION efficiently manages the most demanding applications, offloads servers, and consolidates your Application Delivery Network. In addition, as an ICSA Labs Certified firewall solution, F5 BIG-IP® Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) on VIPRION provides native, high-performance network firewall services to protect public-facing websites and data center applications from distributed, multi-layer cyber attacks.
VIPRION high-performance and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protection capabilities are enabled through field-programmable gate array (FPGA) technology tightly integratedwith the F5 TMOS technology and software.
F5 embedded Packet Velocity Acceleration (ePVA) FPGA delivers:
- High-performance interconnection between Ethernet ports and processors.
- L4 offload, enabling leading throughput rates and reduced loads on software.
- Hardware-accelerated SYN flood protection.
- Hardware detection and mitigation of more than 100 types of denial-of-service (DoS) and DDoS attacks.
- Support for F5 IP Intelligence Services, with blacklist, whitelist, and graylist capabilitie