F5 VIPRION 4800 License
Meeting the needs of the world’s largest service providers, enterprises and web-based businesses, the 4800 offers unprecedented consolidation of ADC services with up to 48 vCMP instances. You can add up to eight B4450 blades to get the most out of it all in L7 RPS, SSL performance and non-disruptive compression.
Designed entirely in-house, the licensed F5 VIPRION 4800 delivers exceptional customer experience, maximum performance and scalability, and carrier-grade reliability. It’s also the most energy efficient case with 80 PLUS Gold certified power supplies for lower cooling and power requirements.
The controller for On-Demand Application Delivery
Your organization’s growing infrastructure is putting more pressure on the network, from increasing user numbers and data center consolidation to cloud migrations and more feature-rich applications. Scaling your application delivery network (ADN) to meet these ever-evolving needs means increased operational costs and complexity, and limits your organization’s ability to quickly respond to new demands and opportunities.
Each licensed F5 VIPRION 4800 is a single, high-performance Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with modular performance blades that you can add or remove without disrupting users or applications. Instead of adding devices and segmenting applications, simply add more power to your existing infrastructure as needs and opportunities arise. VIPRION enables the scalability you need to establish a sustainable DNA growth strategy.
F5 VIPRION 4800 license key features
The licensed F5 VIPRION 4800 Manages and protects the most demanding applications with industry-leading Layer 4 and Layer 7 performance and SSL processing power.
Lower capital and operational costs with the F5 ScaleN architecture, which offers unique flexibility to scale on demand, virtualize, and deploy application scaling across a cluster of appliances.
Achieving maximum reliability
F5 VIPRION 4800 Makes DNA always available with redundancy at both the chassis and blade levels.
Reduce the number of servers and ADCs along with power, space, cooling and management requirements.
Traditional performance measurements related to performance do not accurately reflect the complex requirements of modern web application delivery. Link capacity and L7 transactions per second are critical. For example, ADCs must be able to process a variety of Layer 4 and Layer 7 connections and make application-level decisions, e.g. removing sensitive information or transforming application-specific payloads. BIG-IP appliances have the intelligence and power to make application-level decisions while protecting your data and infrastructure.
Get Smarter, Reduce Costs
As your infrastructure grows and requires more performance for Layer 4 and Layer 7 processing, SSL, compression and more, you can simply add a blade to the VIPRION chassis and it will start the processing of data traffic management automatically. Whether you use one blade, four blades or eight blades, VIPRION remains a device with a fixed management cost.
Simplify your network
The licensed F5 VIPRION 4800 can help you simplify your network by offloading servers and consolidating equipment, saving management costs and data center power, space and cooling.
With VIPRION’s massive performance and scalability, you can reduce the number of Application Delivery Controllers you need to deliver even the most demanding applications. By outsourcing computation-intensive processes, VIPRION significantly reduces the number of application servers required. VIPRION includes:
- SSL/Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) hardware acceleration – eliminates costly SSL encryption. Accelerates key exchange and bulk encryption to provide the best SSL performance on the market. Improves Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) capabilities with better ECC performance.
- Hardware Compression – Allows you to cost-effectively offload traffic compression from your Improve page load times and reduce bandwidth usage.
- F5 OneConnect Connection Pooling – Pools millions of TCP requests into hundreds of server-side connections. It increases server capacity and ensures that requests from the back-end system are processed efficiently.
Maximize the performance of firewalls
With its industry-leading Layer 4/7 performance, connection processing and SSL/ECC performance, VIPRION efficiently manages the most demanding applications, offloading servers and consolidating your application delivery network. In addition, the F5 BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) in VIPRION, as an ICSA Labs-certified firewall solution, provides native, high-performance network firewall services to protect public websites and data centers from Cyber-Attacks.
VIPRION’s powerful Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection capabilities are enabled by Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology, which is tightly integrated with F5 TMOS technology and software.
F5 Embedded Packet Velocity Acceleration (ePVA) FPGA provides:
- High-performance connection between Ethernet ports and processors.
- L4 offload, enabling leading throughput rates and reduced software loads. Hardware accelerated SYN flood protection.
- Hardware detection and mitigation of over 100 types of Denial of Service (DoS) and DDoS attacks.
- Support for F5 IP Intelligence Services with Blacklist, Whitelist and Graylist capabilities.
- Native network overlay support (VXLAN/NVGRE).
- Hardware-enabled DNS caching that hyperscales responses for fast application and service delivery (B2250). User-selectable hardware profiles that enable different levels of performance for specific workloads. Initial profile options include optimized L4 performance on select platforms for CGNAT or L4-centric traffic management solutions.
Achieve maximum reliability
In a multi-blade VIPRION system, you can remove a blade without interruption. The other blades immediately take over the processing load. You can also deploy VIPRION in an active / standby configuration to add another layer of redundancy. The chassis is equipped with redundant power supplies and field-replaceable components. This layered redundancy greatly reduces the probability of downtime.