Infrastructure monitoring software that proactively performs root cause analysis to help you reduce the time to repair and the cost of operations management.
Consolidated monitoring tools aggregate event and performance data from heterogeneous IT silos to reduce redundancy.
Detect fault and performance events using a combination of agent-based monitoring and agentless monitoring, and alerts from HPE and third-party element managers.
Improve availability and performance by managing the IT infrastructure as a comprehensive ecosystem rather than disparate domains.
You can readily scale monitoring of your IT infrastructure to meet your needs.
Enhance IT infrastructure availability and performance
IT professionals must do more with less these days, keeping costs down while delivering highquality business services that give their companies a competitive advantage. That increases the importance of efficient IT management and makes consolidated operations and performance management a critical solution for today’s IT organizations.
Control cost and complexity
Enhancing server and application availability and performance is a basic goal of every IT organization, fundamental to helping achieve satisfactory performance of business applications while meeting the company’s overarching goal of containing costs.
A primary challenge in meeting this goal is the difficulty of managing increasingly complex IT ecosystems—multiple operating systems, highly virtualized environments, and a variety of third-party applications. IT infrastructure is more distributed and interconnected than ever before, creating many additional issues that IT doesn’t encounter in simpler environments. Two key factors make centralized IT management in complex environments very difficult:
•IT organizations consist of multiple specialist teams, each responsible for a specific IT technology. These teams work in isolation with limited visibility into activities of other teams.
• Each team has its own unique tools, and few of these tools share data or have common user interfaces—making cooperation between teams difficult.
Continual innovation adds to the management challenge. Because new technologies and applications are constantly being introduced, more tools are required to support their monitoring and management. Likewise, as business applications become more complex and interlinked, it becomes a greater challenge to identify the cause of a business-impacting incident. These issues result in a third, and growing, set of issues related to IT processes. Organizational silos inhibit the implementation of state-of-the-art “cross-domain” processes such as those defined in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Consistent, controlled processes are an important part of IT management—vital to maintain and support a quality IT infrastructure and associated applications. Process controls are also a requirement as the focus on governance and compliance increases within organizations.
HP Operations Manager software
HP Operations Manager software addresses the challenges discussed earlier through:
• Comprehensive event management for IT infrastructure, operating systems, and applications
• Proactive performance monitoring
• Automated alerting
• Consolidation of events to a single operations console HP Operations Manager software addresses all of the core challenges through an HP Operations Manager server and distributed monitoring and data collection technologies.
HP Operations Manager server
The HP Operations Manager server collects and maintains alerts and performance information from the managed environment, which may consist of both physical and virtual servers. Highly scalable with the ability to monitor thousands of nodes, the Operations Manager server can:
• Receive, consolidate, and integrate events from HP agent and agentless technologies as well as third-party tools—such as network monitors—to provide a single, normalized view of the managed environment
• Automatically discover managed nodes, applications infrastructure, and automatically deploy monitoring rules (policies) to managed nodes based on their application role for simplified, consolidated management
• Create and synchronize trouble tickets (incidents) in industry-leading help-desk packages to integrate with IT service processes
• Add resolution guidance information to events to advise operators on a recommended approach for remediation, and include pre-defined tools and automated or guided actions to streamline fix processes
• Give IT staff production-ready features such as operational maintenance modes; support for high-availability cluster architectures and disaster-tolerant distributed environments using multiple HP Operations Manager servers; the ability to forward events to external notification systems such as paging, email, or SMS; and the ability to audit and log operator activities to effectively and efficiently manage mission-critical environments.
The server includes a multi-user console that provides a single point from which operators can monitor both physical and virtual servers, storage, networks, applications, and middleware. Both operators and administrators can use role-based views, allowing them to stay focused on their specific job functions. Built-in performance and reporting tools—again, allocated by user role—allow operators to analyze performance of one or more managed systems, thus streamlining operational processes and enhancing operational efficiency. These tools support monitoring and performance analysis of systems and applications—including clusters and virtual server configurations.
Complement HP Operations Manager software with other HP software products
HP Operations Manager is one of several HP products that enhance availability and performance of your IT environment. Complementary products include application SPIs, which gather application-specific events and consolidate them into HP Operations Manager; HP Operations Manager i software, which uses topology information to isolate causal events; and HP Operations Orchestration software, which automates remediation of recurring incidents.
Many add-on SPIs are available from HP and HP partners, enabling in-depth management and broader coverage of key business applications and middleware. A sample list of application SPIs includes:
•Infrastructure and Virtualization: Infrastructure, Virtualization and Citrix SPIs
•Middleware: TIBCO, Websphere Message Queue, and Tuxedo
• Other SPIs: BMC Remedy, Storage Essentials, and EMC Documentum
•Microsoft servers: Active Directory, Exchange, BizTalk, SharePoint, and Lync Server
• Web application servers: Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss Application Server, and Oracle Application Server
• Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and Informix
• ERP/CRM: IBM DB2, SAP, PeopleSoft, and Siebel
HP Operations Manager i software
HP Operations Manager i (OMi) software leverages detailed infrastructure content and topology information in an Operational Database (ODB) to provide a comprehensive view of IT components so that organizations can monitor, identify, and repair problems quickly and easily. It complements HP Operations Manager by providing advanced logic and visualization technologies and takes the guesswork out of infrastructure monitoring. Operations Manager i can:
• Use topology-based event correlation (TBEC), in which automatically discovered topology information from the ODB shows relationships among events and separates causes from symptoms to reduce mean time to repair (MTTR)
• Relate IT events to the impacted business services accurately and reliably to prioritize activities among operations staff so that maximum value is delivered to the business
• Provide visualization of infrastructure and application health and their relationship to the business services, enabling quick, easy identification of issues that may impact business
HP Operations Orchestration software
HP Operations Orchestration software creates and executes run-books—automated IT process steps chained together to form an automation flow—which are then called by Operations Manager. By automating and coordinating IT tasks and technology processes across siloed systems and teams, Operations Orchestration enhances service quality and IT staff productivity while reducing incident resolution times and associated costs.
IT Operations Management
Realize Efficiency. Drive Agility. Accelerate Innovation.
Companies today are experiencing competitive market pressures and rapidly changing customer demands. Our portfolio can drive hybrid infrastructure, enable complex application development demand, support technology in both traditional and modern models, and provide mobility within new services. It is designed for delivery in complex environments.
Transformation Across Services, Applications, and Infrastructure Starts Here.
Eliminate manual processes and the proliferation of tools that drive increasing costs in integration, resolution, and maintenance. Increase your efficiency while consistently delivering on-time and compliant services in a unified toolset.
Automate Processes. Orchestrate Across Hybrid Cloud Environments. Transform the Business.
HPE offers an integrated portfolio of suites designed to help customers automate, and orchestrate IT service delivery. It merges and unifies the capabilities of multiple technologies and point solutions to provide a single, comprehensive solution for IT operations management. Watch the video below to learn more.