HPE Service Manager (and HPE Service Manager Smart Analytics) are at the core of the HPE ITSM Automation Suite, the solution for integrated and automated service management.
HPE Service Manager is a comprehensive, fully integrated IT service desk software that leverages the experience of thousands of ITSM deployments. The broad capability set of HPE Service Manager delivers core and extended service desk functionality in close alignment with the IT service lifecycle described by ITIL. The capability to manage services using a lifecycle approach, with consistent improvement built into the governance model, allows IT to meet the mentioned requirements and enhances the business value. HPE Service Manager capabilities include:
• Out-of-the-box ITIL best practices (workflows), including documentation and flowcharts for processes, procedures, and high-level work instructions
• Support for key processes, including incident management, problem management, change management, release management, knowledge management, service catalog, request fulfillment, and configuration management
• Big Data analytics, based on the HPE IDOL, simplifies and automates the ticket handling workflow including ticket creation, categorization, and speeds up the resolution of issues
• Self-service portal for a consumer-like experience including self-service ticketing and catalog-based requests, support for mobile devices, and global context-aware natural language search
• Chat for effective collaboration between end users and real or virtual service desk agents based on Big Data
• Process designer, a graphical UI for codeless configuration to tailor and configure processes and workflows easily and without the need for a programming expert.
A solution for IT service desk software, with everything you need
Besides the capabilities summarized earlier, HPE Service Manager provides a modern, powerful platform with all key features, such as:
• A state-of-the-art web UI with simple navigation and a configurable layout, which provides an entirely transformed user experience
• Mobile access to core service desk capabilities such as self-service, incident and change management, and supporting a large range of mobile devices
• Reporting and dashboards with more than 200 out-of-the-box operational reports and key performance indicators (KPIs) representing all HPE Service Manager process areas
• Role-based access with predefined user roles
• Service-level agreements (SLAs) and service-level targets (SLTs) • ITIL-based configuration management with an integrated and federated HPE Universal Configuration Management Database (CMDB) software, including state management, baselines, and visualization
• Integration capabilities, including a case exchange infrastructure to exchange incidents across service desk software in multi-supplier environments
• Integration with HPE and third-party applications using a broad range of integration and federation technologies The resulting benefits of HPE Service Manager are high service quality, high user satisfaction, less risk, and better compliance with IT policies—leading to lower costs to run IT.
HPE Service Manager, HPE Service Manager Smart Analytics, and HPE Universal CMDB are at the core of HPE ITSM Automation Suite. The software includes:
• An excellent and scalable IT service desk including incident management and problem management functionality
• Change and release management for quick and efficient response to change requests, more effective change advisory boards (CABs), automated impact analysis, collision detection, and unplanned change detection and validation
• Service-level management for standardized objectives and SLAs, cost-based service-delivery pricing, and SLT
• Service request management based on service catalog and support catalog requests to enable automation of fulfillment workflows
• Knowledge management that creates, maintains, and searches for knowledge and enables self-service support to obtain answers in real time for both IT staff and end users
• Service catalog with a consumer-like shopping experience for requesting goods and services
• Smart analytics for fast and efficient ticket handling, for detecting patterns in data for quick issue resolution, and for finding answers from data inside and outside of the service desk.
The HPE Service Manager IT service desk helps your organization meet the challenges of providing key IT service support. Through excellent support for tracking and resolving interactions, incidents, and problems, HPE Service Manager service desk provides IT with an ITIL-aligned management tool. Embedded best practices significantly accelerate implementation times, while allowing you to evolve with the demands of your business. The service desk:
• Enables IT to collaborate and quickly identify and resolve service outages
• Provides a central triage command center for all issues
• Tracks IT work and responsibility, providing visibility into service support
• Establishes a historical record of service disruptions and resolutions for reuse and analytics
• Supports the automation of the detect-to-correct value chain through integration with other HPE Software solutions
The service desk functionality includes:
• ITIL service desk—interaction management
• Self-service ticketing for all end users, including mobile support
• ITIL incident management to create, track, and resolve incidents and it is integrated with other processes such as problem and change management
• Problem management to prevent the recurrence of issues by finding permanent solutions to underlying problems proactively
Change and release management
HPE Service Manager change and release management includes ITIL best practice-based workflows to manage and control IT changes within the organization. It mitigates risk and provides effective process controls. It also allows to record, evaluate, authorize, prioritize, plan, test, implement, document, and review changes in a controlled manner. Key benefits of HPE Service Manager change and release management include to:
• Respond faster and more confidently to change requests
• Record changes faster and improve repeatability based on change templates and change models
• Prioritize changes based on departmental goals
• Monitor change management processes in real time
• Mitigate the risk of unplanned outages
• Identify and resolve unplanned changes in the infrastructure proactively
• Reduce the cost and risk of manually provisioned changes through the execution of a predefined run-book automation workflow
Change management functionality includes:
• Predefined change management workflows for typical scenarios such as normal change, emergency change, standard change, and change proposal
• Exposure of every element of a change management process—people, assets, time frames, tasks, phases, and notifications
• Release management to schedule and authorize coordinated release activities that span multiple changes
• Real-time integration with HPE Universal CMDB, which enables the configuration item’s actual state to be verified against the planned state of the configuration item as defined by the change process
• Integration with HPE Universal Discovery (separate product), unplanned changes can be detected and managed accordingly, decreasing the number of service disruptions and increasing service quality
• Embedded release control functionality, which provides rich decision-support information such as risk and impact analysis, as well as collision detection to move a request for change through the process faster and with more confidence
• A Microsoft® Outlook-style change calendar that provides information for scheduling changes and for troubleshooting
• A virtual, online CAB capability, which allows more efficient online meetings to collaborate on change planning
HPE Service Manager service-level management is designed to keep IT services aligned with business needs and demonstrate value back to users and stakeholders, for example:
• Improves IT service alignment with business objectives
• Provides better measurements for prioritizing service tasks
• Aligns IT departments with service delivery goals
• Enables cost-based service delivery pricing
Service-level management functionality:
• Allows constructing SLAs that can be applied to various configuration items, people, and business services
• Develops and executes on SLA, operational-level agreements (OLA), underpinning contracts (UC), and their related SLTs
• Makes it easy to develop standardized SLTs for calls, user requests, incidents, problems, and changes
• Provides line item cost calculations for both parts and labor, and empowers IT to develop rules that limit spending according to contract parameters
HPE Service Manager request management automates the entire user request process, from initial request through fulfillment, delivery, and update of the CMDB, controlling costs of the IT service desk. It:
• Streamlines request, ordering, and fulfillment processes
• Reduces the costs of IT request and fulfillment services
HPE Service Manager request management functionality:
• Enables sequencing of fulfillment activities
• Automates ticket assignment, ticket closure, and request fulfillment
• Provides order and stock management
• Offers out-of-the-box request models
• Connects to HPE Service Manager service catalog
HPE Service Manager knowledge management empowers your staff and end users by enabling and leveraging organizational wisdom. Cutting-edge search engine technology and a web-based UI provide superior performance and scalability along with superior user productivity. Mobile support allows for efficient self-services, wherever your users are. The offering:
• Reduces rework for your IT service desk staff by leveraging knowledge
• Obtains excellent answers in real time for both IT staff and end users
• Lowers the cost of ownership for your help desk and reduces call resolution time
Knowledge management functionality:
• Supports the full knowledge lifecycle
• Solves interactions and incidents in real time with fully integrated knowledge lookup
• Searches within the results of an existing search to narrow down search results quickly
• Routes, escalates, or resolves customer incidents through a powerful, fully integrated run-book automation tool via a link within the knowledge article
• Offers a hot news feature with time limitations on entries to improve accuracy and the quality of solutions
• Supports knowledge centered support (KCS) standards and guidelines by providing a natural language search engine and rich-text authoring tool
HPE Service Manager service portal is the frontend to HPE Service Manager service catalog and one-stop entry point providing a state-of-the-art shopping experience for user self-service. This results in more transparency, a better user experience, and increased efficiency. Other benefits are:
• Increased IT efficiency by streamlining and automating the processes of offering IT goods and services to users, and processing and fulfilling their orders
• Easy-to-use self-services with a simple and interactive mechanism to request help from IT for the most common problems
• Enables IT to set the right users’ expectations about what they can acquire, how long it will take to receive it, and what they will receive
• A fast, inexpensive, and easy-to-use order and support process for the end users and support agents
• Reduced the service desk’s workload and cost
Service portal functionality includes:
• A launch pad—the entry point for end users and administrators
• Segregated views based on users and organization
• Unified search across service catalog, support catalog, and knowledge articles
• End-user chat with real and virtual agents
• Surveys—complete surveys which have been either manually or automatically sent to the end user
• Customizable theme, logo, banner, widgets, layout, content, custom fields, and user options
• Mobile access across many smartphones and tablets
HPE Service Manager Smart Analytics
Big Data is changing the world. Using modern data analysis, Big Data adds tremendous insight and value to your service desk. HPE Service Manager Smart Analytics taps into the data of key HPE Service Manager processes and external data sources such as Microsoft SharePoint, simplifying the end-user experience and increasing IT productivity. It includes:
• Simplified ticket submission
• Automatic ticket classification and routing
• Increased self-sufficiency and decreased resolution times
• Fast and proactive problem management • 24×7 service desk availability for end users
Smart Ticket enables an end user to open a service desk ticket in a very simple way. It helps eliminate the need for end users to fill in any fields when submitting a ticket. A screenshot of the error message or a description of the error in natural language is all it takes to submit a request. On the IT service desk side, Smart Ticket fills in many of the ticket field values from the incoming request, and automatically categorizes and routes the ticket. The service desk agent can adjust and correct any of the fields that were auto-generated, enabling the system to learn to be smarter in the future.
Smart Search provides a global context-aware search across selectable data sources. This includes service desk data such as incidents, changes, and the knowledge database, as well as external data sources such as Microsoft SharePoint. Search results are actionable. They can be filtered, copied into a working ticket, and trigger automated tasks.
Hot Topic Analytics
Analyzing a huge amount of data takes a lot of time, preventing IT organizations to be more proactive and to identify potential incidents before they impact service availability. With Hot Topic Analytics, problem managers get a clustered view of recurring themes hidden in the huge quantities of unstructured data. Hot Topic Analytics structures this data to identify clusters and patterns, and allows to filter and drill into smaller sets of data as needed.
Virtual agent powered by Big Data
The user can interact with the service desk in a variety of ways. For 24×7 support, they can contact the service desk via email and chat. A virtual agent supports email and chat. The virtual agent automatically responds to requests, proposing knowledge articles and service catalog offerings via an email response or in a chat. In a chat, the virtual agent also presents a menu for requesting useful information such as the top questions and hot news.
HPE Service Manager makes a difference
With HPE Service Manager, the end users of the Big Data service desk get a hyper-simplified service support capability, which only requires minimum input from the user. At the same time, IT service desk agents become more efficient with smart features and by automating key tasks. There is no other Big Data service desk offering like this one available. Getting in control of and leveraging unstructured data based on the HPE Haven technology, HPE Service Manager Smart Analytics changes the way you think about and work with your service desk, taking it to the next level of simplicity and productivity, for the end user and IT. With HPE Service Manager and Smart Analytics, customers gain benefits such as saving time to complete self-service tickets, reduction in calls to the service desk, and increased efficiency of service desk resources with a quick ROI. Big Data makes your service desk smarter. It increases self-sufficiency, decreases ticket volumes, and improves ticket-handling times. The result—a superior user experience and improved service desk efficiency, both leading to reduced cost of your IT operations.
HPE ITSM Automation Suite
HPE Service Manager and Smart Analytics are part of the HPE ITSM Automation Suite bundle. Dependent on the suite license, Express or Premium, it includes additional software.
HPE Asset Manager software
HPE Asset Manager fully enables IT organizations to manage the physical, financial, and contractual aspects of all IT assets, helping to control costs, manage inventory, and improve utilization of IT resources. Software asset management (SAM) helps control expenditure and drive compliance. HPE SAM keeps track of software licenses to improve their utilization and to decrease IT spending.
HPE Universal CMDB software
HPE Universal CMDB provides a single point of access for a variety of federated data sources to create a holistic view into your enterprise. HPE CMDB not only stores configuration items and models their service dependencies but also dynamically accesses other data sources to provide most IT management domains with a more complete, common understanding of business services. By using a federated approach, IT organizations can quickly access current information across teams and tools in a common service context, resulting in faster, better business-aware decisions that improve business service quality and reduce cost.
HPE Universal Discovery software
HPE Universal Discovery dynamically discovers and almost continuously updates IT service dependencies to provide an up-to-date view of your business services and applications. It populates HPE Universal CMDB with IT elements and relationships to create an accurate model of your IT environment. HPE Universal Discovery provides you with the basis for understanding what makes up the business services that IT delivers from the physical layer of the data center all the way to the business process layer.
HPE Automated Service Modelling
HPE Automated Service Modelling can model your services fast and accurate. IT discovers an end-to-end service starting from the URL of a business service or an enterprise application. It creates a service map based on near real-time, agent-less, or agent-base service discovery. Services are discovered accurately, top-down.
HPE Operations Orchestration
HPE Operations Orchestration increases speed, prevents errors, and reduces risk related to manual and repetitive work by automating IT processes, workflows and tasks. It helps remediate incidents, execute and verify changes, and provision IT services, for example.