This agentless application monitoring software provides heterogeneous and hybrid support, quick time to value, and ease of installation, configuration, and use.
Automated Application Monitoring
Intuitive Monitoring Management
Dynamically update by adding and removing counters and thresholds as virtual machines move from one host system to another, and change thresholds based on historical monitoring data.
Quick Time to Value
Achieve fast ROI—zero to value in less than 60 minutes—through rapid installation, updating, monitoring, and deployment by using mass-deploy templates and the Publish Changes feature.
100+ Host Types and App Platforms
Monitor utilization, response time, usage, and availability across a variety of host types and application platforms including Cisco, Citrix, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Siebel, WebLogic, and many more.
Virtualization and Cloud-Ready
Incorporate a broad range of virtualization platform and monitoring types including Amazon Web Services monitoring and Amazon Cloud Watch integration for auto-scaling, alerting, and reporting support.
Multi-Vendor System Management
Monitor products from multiple vendors to predict potential problems in critical applications before users are affected.
Improve the availability and performance of your IT environment
HP SiteScope software helps you monitor the availability and performance of distributed IT infrastructure and applications including servers, operating systems, network services, virtualization software applications, and application components. HP SiteScope continually monitors more than 100 types of IT components through a Web-based architecture that is lightweight and highly customizable. With HP SiteScope, you gain the realtime information you need to stay apprised of problems, and solve bottlenecks before they become critical.
Increased visibility can decrease your TCO
HP SiteScope reduces your total cost of ownership by: • Offering a monitoring solution that doesn’t require you to install • Enabling instant ignition—easy installation of a monitoring solution—in less than one hour • Providing templates and global change and replace capabilities, which reduce manual efforts associated with configuration changes • Automating actions, initiated as a result of monitor status change alerts, that enable quick and efficient operations management • Offering solution templates that include specialized monitors, default metrics, proactive tests, and best practices.
Scale with your needs
HP SiteScope serves as an ideal starting point for you if you need a low-cost monitoring solution or have little to no monitoring of your IT environment in place today. With support for 64-bit servers, a single HP SiteScope server can easily scale to thousands of monitors, applications, and network connections.
Protect your investment
As your company changes—through growth, mergers, or acquisitions—so will your monitoring and management needs. That is where HP SiteScope offers investment protection. It is constantly being evolved to support technologies like virtualization and cloud computing and enhanced to better integrate a wide variety of other HP software products. In addition, SiteScope flexible licensing model supports reusing purchased capacity for different needs.
How HP SiteScope works
HP SiteScope provides a centralized, scalable architecture that is implemented as a Java server application and supports three key functions: data collection, alerting, and reporting. Data collection is performed through remote monitoring and does not require agents to be installed and maintained on monitored nodes. Basically, HP SiteScope logs into systems as a user from its central server, where several connection methods are supported, including TELNET, rlogin, HTTP, SSH, NetBIOS, and WMI.
• Features an agentless, enterprise-ready architecture designed to lower your TCO
• Monitors more than 100 different target types for critical health and performance characteristics
• Provides custom monitors that extend your HP SiteScope environment by enabling you to create new monitor types and customize existing monitors
• Provides alerting capabilities, based on customizable thresholds, so that you can fix problems before end users experience them
• Offers solution templates that feature built-in domain expertise in the form of specialized monitors, default metrics and thresholds, proactive tests, and best practices for a given application or component being monitored
• Provides a powerful Web-based user interface that enables easy configuration, installation, administration, real-time status, and reporting from one seamlessly integrated console
• Integrates with HP Operations Manager for those customers who need both agent-based and agentless monitoring
• Provides end-to-end monitoring through both top-down (applications) and bottom-up (infrastructure) monitoring
• Provides out-of-the-box monitoring for modern architectures with rapidly changing environments like virtualization and private and public cloud.