There is more data than ever on corporate networks as these networks expand from the data center to the WAN edge to remote sites and the cloud. It is difficult to quickly understand the entire network and troubleshoot network applications.
Most organizations use a variety of network monitoring tools to analyze packet data and streams. Using multiple tools makes troubleshooting time-consuming, which affects the average resolution time (MTTR).
What is the solution?
LiveWire’s high-performance packet capture software integrates seamlessly with LiveNX to extend application network monitoring and troubleshooting to remote and branch sites, WAN edges, and data centers. The licensed LiveWire provides real-time and post-event analysis at up to 20 Gbps and is ideal for capturing packets from almost anywhere on the network.
Because LiveWire is tightly integrated into LiveNX, you can now easily move from the flow layer to forensics and back to a single software solution. This licensed solution uses LiveFlow to convert packet data into rich flow data based on IPFIX and automatically export this data to LiveNX. With LiveNX, you can quickly identify and resolve application issues, such as VoIP and video performance issues, without in-depth forensic analysis.
But if you need to dig deeper into packet analysis, LiveAction Live Wire License uses the popular Omnipeek software to capture real-time packet data for deep forensics, making it easy to move from streaming to deep packet inspection.
LiveWire key benefits
Optimize security and compliance
Compliance and safety investigations require network packets, the most comprehensive data available to effectively report and investigate issues, whether for routine reporting, control or specific evidence.
Speed up troubleshooting
Detailed troubleshooting requires detailed data, and the most detailed data available for troubleshooting network and application problems is the network packets themselves. Workflows and automation guide users to the root cause of network and application issues, increasing productivity and reducing the number of resolutions required for troubleshooting.
Get detailed visibility
To increase visibility and reduce MTTR, make high-quality streaming data available anywhere on the network, especially in remote offices where streaming data is often limited. Data centers that scale for granular visibility anywhere from remote offices to data centers to the cloud.
Digital transformation is driving more machine-to-machine (M2M) or east-west traffic within the data center, much of which is unseen by IT teams. These blind spots are common and can be costly.
- Quickly and easily capture packets to automatically detect common Layer 2 to Layer 7 problems for network, application, VoIP, and Wi-Fi issues.
- Save valuable disk space with intelligent packet stripping that easily detects encrypted traffic and automatically slices off the payload on the connection.
- Tight integration with LiveNX makes it easy to go from streaming to forensics to packet analysis using a single software solution when streaming information is limited.
- You can quickly identify, troubleshoot and troubleshoot existing network and virtual infrastructure issues with detailed information from a single pane of glass.
- LiveFlow Web Analytics provides enhanced flow data with web application-specific metrics such as URL/URI, page response time, and error response codes, as well as key performance metrics needed to monitor custom web applications, even when traffic is encrypted.
Continuous end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting
Application performance monitoring is critical to keeping your business running smoothly, but applications are being virtualized and migrated to the cloud at breakneck speed. This creates blind spots and makes IT organizations dependent on flow logs and APIs for application performance monitoring.
- Ability to directly access packet data to see application errors in packet payloads
- Eliminate time wasted reproducing an issue – packages record exactly what happened
- Get a holistic view of network and application events by converting packet data into rich stream-based data using IPFIX and automatically exporting it to LiveNX to quickly identify and resolve issues without the need for ‘packet-level analysis.
Response to the security incident
When it comes to responding to security incidents, nothing is more valuable than the packages themselves. You may have the best IDS / IPS / SIEM solution available, but once the intrusion is found, now what? A record of the activity, network packets, is required to determine both the fingerprint and the extent of the breach.
- Forensic search in terabytes of data without interfering with fast archiving
- Security solutions generate alerts while network packets provide responses
- Line-rate packet recording with lossless disk recording performance based on scalable hardware and software solutions
- Scalable storage solutions for long-term packet retention ensure regulatory compliance and protect transaction integrity
Optimized for highly distributed organizations
IT organizations struggle to find a cost-effective solution that provides visibility across a large number of branch offices and remote sites. What is needed is a widely distributed solution that is easy to manage and provides true end-to-end visibility.
- Scalable packet capture and forensic solutions for all network speeds
- Easily identify and quickly resolve network issues with flow and packet data on a single platform
- Dedicated, scalable software extends flow-based network and application monitoring to remote sites, branch offices, WAN edge, LAN and data centers
Compatible with your needs
Can be configured to work in a number of deployment scenarios
including monitoring / capturing via virtual standard/distributed switch (vSwitch), monitoring / capturing via tunneled overlay network, and monitoring / capturing via virtual tap (vTap) or virtual packet switch (vPB). The licensed LiveWire can also be purchased as a hardware appliance.
LiveWire has three size options:
small, medium and large to meet your specific needs. The small
option is best for monitoring remote sites with lower bandwidth. The middle option works well in small data center environments. And the large option is needed for larger virtual datacenter operations or when monitoring high-speed north-south traffic from the virtual server farm.
LiveAction Live Wire License