LiveAction LiveNX License
Table of Contents
LiveAction LiveNX License (Network Experience) is a visual analytics platform for network performance monitoring and diagnostics. The software is designed to simplify network management for multivendor networks.
Interactive Network Topology with End-to-End Flow Visualization
You can start from a comprehensive view of the network as a system, quickly identify the pertinent characteristics of any issues, and then pivot to the topology for more detail analysis. The topology includes a variety of network devices: routers, switches, wireless devices, firewalls, WAN Optimization Controllers, Application Delivery Controllers, etc. Clicking on a flow highlights its entire path hop-by-hop. You can also examine historical views to analyze flows at any date and time in the past with the Flow DVR feature.
Any Cloud Application Visibility and Troubleshooting
LiveNX provides deep understanding of application traffic with full visibility of protocol and application type including video, voice, instant messaging, file-transfer, etc. Applications may be deployed in the data center, public cloud or SaaS. You can find out how your network is being used, how the applications are performing, what cloud applications are being used and gain insight into Shadow IT.
Intuitive Graphical Interface for QoS Control
LiveNX enables network operators to create, edit and apply QoS polices for Cisco routers and Layer 3 switches on live networks with consistency and confidence. Use the QoS wizard and built-in templates to apply policies based on Cisco best practices or use the QoS GUI editor to build your own policies. LiveNX generates a QoS audit report in seconds with just a single click of your mouse. This report will show your QoS policies in great detail including configuration settings, performance issues, drops, and policy errors. It comes with extensive device expertise to make configuration fast and accurate.
Software-Defined WAN Management
Application visibility and control are the first steps towards delivering a great application experience to your end users. Whether you have a traditional MPLS network, a hybrid network or a Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN), great experience starts with visibility into the traffic running across the network.
LiveNX provides application and path visualization enabling you to effectively validate the WAN Return-on-Investment (ROI). When a network element makes a path change to protect the applications because of an Out-Of-Policy (OOP) condition, LiveNX renders the end-to-end path changes graphically. You can visualize the path from the branch-office, through the service provider(s) to the data center where the applications reside, providing meaningful and actionable information.
Capacity Planning Simplified
A guided workflow simplifies the process of analyzing the current capacity usage, and helps you determine how the network is meeting the needs of the business. LiveNX presents the most changed and heavily used resources such as bandwidth, CPU utilization and memory usage. Drill down to view details such as interface statistics and errors. As you review the data, you may be wondering who is consuming all your bandwidth. Through the process, you can pivot to other reports to view pertinent data like top applications and top conversations. This helps you align bandwidth consumption with your business policies.
LiveAction LiveNX Features
LiveAction LiveNX Components
LiveAction LiveNX Deployment Models
- Single Server/Node deployed as a single system
- Multi-Server with nodes deployed anywhere there is IP connectivity
LiveAction LiveNX Specifications
LiveAction LiveNX Packaging Options
LiveAction LiveNX System Requirements
The following requirements are needed for LiveNX deployments:
- Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OSX 64 bit OS
- 4 Cores
- 8 GB RAM
- Browsers: IE (> Version 8), Firefox, Chrome and Safari
LiveAction LiveNX Server/Node
- Windows 64-bit Operation System – Server 2008 or 2012 R2, Windows 7 (Professional or Ultimate) with .NET framework v3.5.1+
- Linux RHEL 7.1 or 7.2/CENTOS 6.7 or 6.8 with GNOME UI installed
- For less than 100 devices or less than 100K flows/sec:
– 8 Core 2+ GHz CPU
– 8 GB RAM
– 2-6 TB 7,200 RPM HD1
- For 100-500 devices or less than 200K flows/sec
– 12 Core, 2+ GHz CPU
– 16 GB RAM
– 3-10 TB 7,200 RPM HD1
- For 500-1,000 devices
– 2×12 Core, 2+GHz CPU
– 16 GB RAM
– 5-10 TB, 7,200+ RPM HD1
- Virtual Machine
– Adequate core and storage allocation
– VMware ESXi 5.1 or later, recommended for production environments
◦ vMotion supported
– Support for Microsoft Hyper-V 6.0 or later
– Compatible with most VM systems
◦ VMware products, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen
NOTE: Usage depends on network traffic pattern. For higher performance use RAID 10 or RAID 0 if redundancy is not required.
All-in-One Platform OVA
There are various sizes for different deployments. All flavors of OVAs can be upgraded by adding CPU, memory or storage.
- Custom Server (less than 25 devices or less than 25k flows/sec; starter platform to expand later or for small laptop deployments)
– 2 vCPU Xeon or i7
– 4 GB RAM
– 250 GB Data Disk
- Small Server (less than 100 devices or less than 100k flows/sec)
– 8 vCPU Xeon or i7
– 16 GB RAM
– 4 TB Data Disk
- Medium Server (100 to 500 devices or less than 200k flows/sec)
– 16 vCPU Xeon or i7
– 32 GB RAM
– 6 TB Data Disk
- Large Server (500 to 1,000 devices or greater than 200k flows/sec)
– 32 vCPU Xeon or i7
– 32 GB RAM
– 8 TB Data Disk
There are various sizes for different deployments. Installation for server environments with VMware Hypervisors/ESX(i). Hyper-V and KVM also supported.
- Custom Node (Starter node to expand later or for small laptop deployments)
– Used for less than 25 devices, or less than 25k flows/sec
◦ 2 vCPU Xeon or i7
◦ 4 GB RAM
◦ 250 GB Data Disk · Storage can be expanded by adding additional disks
- Small Node
– Used for less than 100 devices, or less than 100k flows/sec – Specifications: ◦ 8 vCPU Xeon or i7 ◦ 16 GB RAM ◦ 2 TB Data Disk · Storage can be expanded by adding additional disks • Medium Node – Used for 100-500 Devices, or less than 200k flows/sec – Specifications: ◦ 16 vCPU Xeon or i7 ◦ 32 GB RAM ◦ 4 TB Data Disk · Storage can be expanded by adding additional disks • Large Node – Used for less than 500-1,000 Devices, or less than 200k flows/sec – Specifications: ◦ 32 vCPU Xeon or i7 ◦ 32 GB RAM ◦ 8 TB Data Disk · Storage can be expanded by adding additional disks.