IT Asset Management
Know what’s in your IT Closet
ManageEngine AssetExplorer is a web-based IT Asset Management (ITAM) software that helps you monitor and manage assets in your network from Planning phase to Disposal phase. AssetExplorer provides you with a number of ways to ensure discovery of all the assets in your network. You can manage software & hardware assets, ensure software license compliance and track purchase orders & contracts – the whole nine yards! AssetExplorer is very easy to install and works right out of the box.
- Discover all the assets in your network.
- Manage and Monitor software and hardware assets.
- Manage the complete IT Asset lifecycle.
- Ensure software license compliance.
- Make informed decisions about hardware and software purchases throughout the entire IT Life Cycle.
- Track Purchase Orders and Contracts.
- Know the total cost of ownership of an asset.
AssetExplorer helps to keep up-to-date information of all your assets by periodically scanning the software, hardware & other ownership information. Track and manage any workstation or network devices say Windows, Linux, Mac, AIX machines, Solaris, Printers, Routers, Switches etc., in your domain or network. It offers you both agent-based scanning & agent-less scanning.
AssetExplorer helps to understand the software license compliance and the use of unauthorized software in the organization and helps to act proactively to curb illegal usage and problems associated with it. It manages all license types like OEM, concurrent, enterprise, free, named user, node locked, trial apart from the existing CAL, volume, individual. License types for Microsoft, Adobe and Symantec are configured by default.
AssetExplorer scans your network and automatically discovers all software available in each workstation. Asset Managers can easily ensure compliance by keeping a check on list of compliant, under licensed and over licensed software.
AssetExplorer makes it easier to handle the complete life cycle of an asset i.e. all stages from procurement to disposal. It helps to manage all the assets that are to be purchased through purchase order management and later tracks the complete hardware and software inventory of these assets.
AssetExplorer scans and audits all workstations across your enterprise connected over LAN, WAN and VPN. It gives the complete ownership information about the asset along with the hardware and software inventory information and helps to get a clear picture of who owns what.
Configuration Management Database (CMDB) lets you track and manage all your CIs (such as assets, software installations, IT and business services, people, documents etc.) in a single repository. Unlike the asset database that comprises of a bunch of assets, the CMDB in AssetExplorer is designed to support a vast IT structure where the interrelations between the CIs are maintained and supported successfully. The CMDB functions as an effective decision making tool by playing a critical role in impact analysis and root cause determination.
- View all the Configuration Items and their relationships
- Helps in root cause analysis and impact monitoring
- Close to 50 pre-defined Configuration Types available
- Stay compliant with license agreements with easy-to-understand flash charts
- Identify unused and under-utilized licenses
- Use purchase order workflow for ease of purchase order generations
- Define contract details, rules and attach contracts
- Notify technician prior to contract expiration
- Take control of any asset through remote access
- Perform maintenance tasks on remote systems
- Generate detailed pre-defined/custom/query reports
- Ability to schedule reports and deliver to your inbox