Solarwinds NAM License
Table of Contents
Network Automation Manager
The larger and more complex the network, the greater the need for network automation and integrated operations monitoring and management. SolarWinds® Network Automation Manager (NAM) is designed to cover large or complex environments with comprehensive performance, traffic, WAN and switch port monitoring, automated change and configuration, and IP address management in a single, unified software solution.
ADVANCED NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Reduce network outages and quickly detect, diagnose, and resolve network performance issues. With critical path hop- by-hop analysis and visualization along the service delivery path, you can view network performance and traffic details, regardless of device location.
NETWORK TRAFFIC AND BANDWIDTH ANALYSIS
Alert on network bandwidth and traffic patterns with up to one-minute granularity. Collect, monitor, and analyze NetFlow, sFlow® , J-Flow™, IPFIX, and NetStream™ data to identify how much traffic is on your network and which applications are being used.
AUTOMATED CONFIG AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Monitor, back up, and bulk-deploy network device configurations, so you can recover quickly from hardware faults and configuration errors. Receive real- time change notifications and help ensure devices are configured and operating in compliance with regulatory standards.
SWITCH PORT AND END-USER MONITORING AND TRACKING
Know how switches and ports are being used, and which switches are nearing capacity. Know who and what is connected to your network, and when and where they’re connected. Track endpoint devices by MAC and IP address on your wired and wireless networks.
WAN PERFORMANCE MONITORING
Using Cisco® IP SLA technology, you can simulate traffic data to test the network between Cisco routers or a remote IP device to monitor the performance of key apps and services.
IP ADDRESS MANAGEMENT
Automated subnet discovery and IP scanning scours your network, so you know how IPs are used. Know when IPs conflict, subnets/scopes are depleted, or DNS entries don’t match. Find an open IP and make the DHCP reservation and DNS entries in one motion from a single console.
- Customizable, single-pane-of-glass network monitoring software Create custom, web-based network, traffic, WAN, and switch port dashboards, views, and charts.
- Topology- and dependency-aware intelligent alerts Respond to multiple condition checks, correlated events, network topology, and device dependencies.
- Real-time config change notification and compliance auditing Receive details and comparisons of config changes to demonstrate compliance with regulatory
- IP alerting, troubleshooting, and reporting Know when IPs conflict, subnets/scopes are depleted, or DNS entries don’t match.
- Automated capacity forecasting, alerting, and reporting Automatically calculate exhaustion dates via customizable thresholds based on peak and average usage.
- Dynamic wired and wireless network discovery and mapping Automatically map devices, display performance metrics, and link connection and utilization.
- Wireless network performance and traffic monitoring and management Retrieve performance and bandwidth metrics for autonomous APs, wireless controllers, and clients.
- Integrated DHCP and DNS administration Find an open IP and make the DHCP reservation and DNS entries in one motion from a single console.
- Monitor switch port usage to identify performance, users, and devices Locate connected devices and users, investigate incidents, detect rogue devices, and monitor capacity.
- Hardware health monitoring and alerting Monitor, alert, and report on key device metrics, such as temperature, fan speed, and power supply.
- Customizable performance and availability reports Schedule and generate custom network performance reports with over 100 out-of-the-box templates.
- High availability Instantaneous failover for your business-critical network management system.