SolarWinds NTA License
Table of Contents
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
An add-on to Network Performance Monitor (NPM), SolarWinds® NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) is a multi-vendor flow analysis tool designed to proactively reduce network downtime. NTA delivers actionable insights to help IT pros troubleshoot and optimize spend on bandwidth by better understanding the who, what, and where of traffic consumption. Solve practical operational infrastructure problems with actionable insights and save money with informed network investments.
WHY CHOOSE NETFLOW TRAFFIC ANALYZER?
- NTA collects and analyzes flow data from multiple vendors, including NetFlow v5 and v9, Juniper® J-Flow™, sFlow® , Huawei® NetStream™, and IPFIX.
- NTA alerts you to changes in application traffic or if a device stops sending flow data.
- NTA supports advanced application recognition with Cisco® NBAR2.
- NTA shows pre- and post-policy CBQoS class maps, so you can optimize your CBQoS policies.
- NTA can help you identify malicious or malformed traffic with port 0 monitoring.
- NTA includes WLC network traffic analysis so you can see what’s using your wireless bandwidth. • NTA supplements Network Performance Monitor by helping to identify the cause of high bandwidth. Built on the Orion® Platform, NTA provides the ability to purchase and fully integrate with additional network monitoring modules (config management, WAN management, VoIP, device tracking, IP address management), as well as systems, storage, and virtualization management in a single web console.
- New! VMware vSphere Distributed Switch (VDS) Support
Comprehensive support for the VMware VDS, providing visibility within the switch fabric to your east-west VM traffic to help IT pros avoid service impacts when moving workloads.
- New! Integration With SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) Reference existing IP groups and use those within NTA to view group traffic or compose custom applications. To complement this feature, we’ve enhanced our flow alerting to incorporate filters for IP groups and endpoints.
- Cisco Meraki MX/Z Series Support
Visualize traffic flows from Cisco Meraki MX/Z Series interfaces for better control of bandwidth use in your wireless environment. Export traffic flows from routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Network Insight™ for Palo Alto Networks®
Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks includes collection of flow from Palo Alto firewalls to show flow through nodes and interfaces.
- Azure SQL Database Deployment Option
Flexible deployment options with Azure SQL Database: Take charge of your NTA deployment with flexibility to deploy NTA either on-premises or in the cloud with Azure SQL Database or Amazon RDS.
- Local Traffic Data
Gain visibility to traffic sourced from and destined to the flow data server by adding a new source of traffic data, enabling users to immediately characterize local traffic.
Bandwidth Utilization Monitoring
- Bandwidth Threshold Alerting
Delivers an instant alert notification, including a list of top talkers when an interface exceeds its bandwidth utilization threshold.
- Bandwidth Usage by Application
Provides valuable insights into which applications are consuming the most network bandwidth, and tracks application traffic arriving from designated ports, source IPs, destination IPs, and even protocols.
- Bandwidth Usage by IP Groups
Analyzes network traffic with custom overlapping IP address groups. Create your own IP address groups to view network traffic the way you want to see it.
Network Traffic Monitoring and Forensics
Traffic Analysis Dashboard
Delivers a comprehensive, customizable view of your network traffic(SolarWinds NTA License) on a single pane of glass, helping you spot potential problems quickly with top-ten views of network traffic data. Get to the root cause of bandwidth issues with an intuitive point-and-click interface.
Cross-Stack Network Data Correlation
Accelerate identification of root cause by dragging and dropping network performance metrics on a common timeline for immediate visual correlation across all your network data.
Network Traffic Forensics
Enables you to drill down into any element’s traffic using multiple views to investigate and isolate excessive network bandwidth utilization and unexpected application traffic.
CBQoS Performance Views
Enables you to view network traffic segmented by Class of Service methods, measure effective- ness of your CBQoS policies, and quantify bandwidth consumption by class map.
Port 0 Monitoring
TCP/UDP monitoring of port 0 traffic highlights any flows directed to port 0, so you can identify intrusive traffic.
Autonomous System Traffic Analysis
Autonomous system traffic monitoring allows you to see traffic routed through your ISP connections
Flow-Based Monitoring and Reporting
Multi-Vendor Device Support
- Analyzes Cisco NBAR2 and NetFlow v5 and v9, Juniper J-Flow, IPFIX, sFlow, Huawei NetStream, and other flow data
- Supports devices from Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, HP®, Juniper, Huawei, Extreme Networks®, Nortel Networks®, and other leading vendors
- Supports IPFIX traffic from VMware® vSwitch Alert on Flow Get alerted, so you can quickly act if application traffic suddenly increases, decreases, or disappears completely, and efficiently remediate the problem.
Enables you to create in-depth network traffic reports with a few clicks, or schedule automatic weekly delivery to your team.
Build complex, multi-variable filters to help you answer questions faster.
Determines which flows are representative of the majority of bandwidth usage. Boost overall performance of SolarWinds NTA up to 10x when capturing flows representing 95% of the total network traffic.