Solarwinds SCM License
SolarWinds Server Configuration Monitor
Don’t let unauthorized configuration changes slow down or interrupt application performance. SolarWinds® Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) is designed to detect, track, and compare system and application changes in your environment. Built on the popular SolarWinds Orion® Platform, you can gain systems change visibility in a unified and fullstack monitoring experience. Be able to quickly pinpoint the root cause of a problem by easily comparing configuration changes over time and correlating them with performance metrics. Not only is SCM a powerful system administrator tool, but it is affordable with an easy-to-understand node-based licensing model.
SERVER CONFIGURATION MONITOR AT A GLANCE
- Detect systems and application setting changes in real time to on-premises, cloud, or virtual servers
- Track and compare what changes were made and by who, even changes made offline, thanks to agent-based monitoring
- Correlate changes in server and application configurations with network performance, and
- pinpoint potential configuration issues
- Automatically detect servers that are eligible for monitoring
- Out-of-the-box configuration profiles for the most common servers
- Monitor and alert on changes to the output of PowerShell™ scripts
- View and report on hardware and software inventories
- Easily integrate SCM into your system monitoring solution thanks to the Orion Platform
- Real-Time Detection and Tracking of System and Application Changes
System and applications are changing all the time. Continuously tracking all these changes is vital to the availability and performance of your servers, applications, and services. Tracking changes manually is practically impossible and extremely time-consuming. SCM can keep an eye on your configurations, automatically monitoring your servers and applications, logging any changes, and alerting you when changes have occurred.
- Discover Changes Made Offline
Solarwinds SCM License is an agent-based monitoring solution, meaning it can catch configuration changes to your servers even when they are disconnected from the network. Once the server is online again, the agent alerts you to any unauthorized change that was made.
- Compare Configuration Changes Over Time
Trying to determine what changed between two versions of a configuration is difficult. With SCM, you can stop the tedious “stare and compare” and immediately see the exact changes between versions in a single view. SCM also hides unchanged lines to make it easy to find and focus on what’s important.
- Correlate Configuration Changes to Performance Metrics
The main purpose of any monitoring tool is the ability to pinpoint the root cause of the problem as soon as possible. When integrated with other Orion Platform products, SCM allows you to correlate changes in server and application configuration with their availability and performance. If a server is slow due to a bad configuration change, you can find it quickly, and fix it.
- Manage Scripts and Monitor Changes to Their Output
Systems administrators rely on the power of custom scripts to report critical data back to their organizations. With SCM, you can centrally manage PowerShell, Bash, and Python scripts for all the servers in your environment and track and alert on changes to the output of those scripts. The possibilities are limitless.
- Manage Your Hardware and Software Inventory
Forget about using a spreadsheet as the best solution for your IT asset management. SCM automatically discovers your servers and application for you, keeping your hardware and software inventory information up to date without time-consuming manual work.
- Orion Platform Integration
SCM is built on the SolarWinds Orion Platform, providing full integration with the data from other SolarWinds products monitoring servers, applications, virtualization, storage, and networks. All SolarWinds products based on the Orion Platform share the same user experience, powerful visualization, automatic mapping of relationships, versatile alerting engine, and robust reporting engine.