Cisco Unified Communication License
Cisco Unified Communication
Cisco Unified Communication (UC) enables more effective, secure communications and can transform the way in which we communicate.it is an IP-based communications system integrating voice, video, data, and mobility products and applications. Cisco UC removes the geographic barriers of effective communications through the use of voice, video, and data integration. Moreover, Cisco UC enables the sharing of this information to create knowledge and value.
Cisco UC is part of an integrated solution that includes network infrastructure, security, mobility, network management products, lifecycle services, flexible deployment and outsourced management options, end-user and partner financing packages, and third-party communication applications.
Cisco UC can drastically change the bottom line of business by creating more effective communications without losing the personal nature of a face-to-face conversation. More effective communication leads to reduced time to market and nimble transformation of business processes through collaboration.
Cisco UC Solution Components
The Cisco UC solution includes voice, video, and data traffic within a single network infrastructure. Cisco UC equipment is capable of handling all three traffic types and interfacing with all standards-based network protocols.
Cisco IP Communications represents a new way of delivering UC functionality to enterprise customers and it is a coordinated release of an integrated set of products that are tested, documented, and supported as a system.
The components of the standard layers are as follows:
- Infrastructure layer: The infrastructure consists of routers, switches, and voice gateways. The infrastructure layer carries data, voice, and video between all network devices and applications. This layer also provides high availability, management, quality of service (QoS), and network security.
- Call control layer: The call control layer provides for call processing cisco license, device control, and administration of the dial plan and features. Call control can be provided by a CUCM, CUCM Express, or CUCM Business Edition (CMBE).
- Applications layer: Applications are independent from call-control functions and the physical voice-processing infrastructure. Applications, including those listed here, are integrated through IP, which allows the applications to reside anywhere within the network.
- Endpoints layer: The endpoints layer brings applications to the user, whether the end device is a Cisco IP Phone, a PC using a software-based phone, or a communications client or video terminal. Cisco UC provides multiprotocol support for Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP), H.323, MGCP, and SIP.
Cisco UC Network
The Cisco UC product suite is designed to optimize functionality, reduce configuration and maintenance requirements, and provide interoperability with a variety of other applications. It provides this capability while maintaining high availability, QoS, and security.
The Cisco UC system integrates the following major communications technologies:
- IP telephony: IP telephony refers to technology that transmits voice communications over a network using IP standards.
- Customer contact center: Cisco Unified Contact Center products are a combination of strategy and architecture to revolutionize call center environments.
- Video telephony: The Cisco Unified Video Advantage products enable real-time video communications and collaboration using the same IP network and call-processing agent as Cisco Unified Communication License.
- Rich-media conferencing: Cisco Unified Meeting Place creates a virtual meeting environment with an integrated set of IP-based tools for voice, video, and web conferencing.
- Third-party applications: Cisco works with leading-edge companies to provide the broadest selection of innovative third-party IP communications applications and products focused on critical business needs such as messaging, customer care, and workforce optimization.