Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
Cisco Unified Presence consists of many components that enhance the value of a Cisco Unified Communications system. The main presence component of the solution is the Cisco Unified Presence server, which incorporates the Jabber Extensible Communications Platform and supports SIP/SIMPLE and Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) for collecting information regarding a user’s availability status and communications capabilities. The user’s availability status indicates whether or not the user is actively using a particular communications device such as a phone. The user’s communications capabilities indicate the types of communications that user is capable of using, such as video conferencing, web collaboration, instant messaging, or basic audio.
The aggregated user information captured by the Cisco Unified Presence server enables Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Cisco Unified Communications Manager applications, and third-party applications to increase user productivity. These applications help connect colleagues more efficiently by determining the most effective form of communication.
For more information, Security License
This chapter explains the basic concepts of presence and instant messaging within the Cisco Unified Communications System and provides guidelines for how best to deploy the various components of the presence and instant messaging solution. Cisco Unified Presence must be deployed with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) 5.x or later releases; Cisco Unified CM 4.x and earlier releases do not support Cisco Unified Presence.
This chapter covers the following topics:
- Unified CM Presence
- Cisco Unified Presence Architecture
- Third-Party Presence Server Integration
- Cisco Unified Presence Enterprise Instant Messaging
For more information, Cisco UC License
Enhance Productivity and Borderless Collaboration
Cisco Unified Presence is a standards-based enterprise platform that brings people together in and across organizations in the most effective way. This open and extensible platform facilitates the highly secure exchange of presence and instant messaging (IM) information between Cisco Unified Communications and other applications.
Cisco CUCM key features
Consolidate your communications infrastructure and enable your people and teams to communicate with the licensed Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The solution includes IP phones, high-definition video communications, unified messaging, instant messaging, and more. This system reduces the need for in-person visits and saves your time and money.
Change your workplaces. Attract and retain the best talent wherever you are. With the Cisco call center system, wherever you are, it is as if you are in one center. This solution has extensive features to support mobile and remote workers. When you hire employees in another city, or they are moving, you will still be in touch with them.
Local and global
Is your location and type of business in one place? Do you work regionally or on a global scale? CUCM provides you with suitable solutions for all situations. The licensed CUCM integrated communication call center has suitable solutions for small, medium and large businesses and can support up to 80,000 users.
Open and interactive
Cisco CUCM supports industry standards. A wide range of gateways and systems in interaction with third-party solutions can cover a wide range of needs. These results show themselves in quality communication with people, in any place and in different software.
Safe and compatible
Cisco Unified CM supports the latest authentication, encryption, and communications protocols. It complies with key industry certifications, securing data and communications for customers in financial services, manufacturing, retail, and government worldwide.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Unified Presence technology has been integrated with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) for Release 9.0 and later. All the features and capabilities of Cisco Unified Presence 8.6 are now part of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Get more information about Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 9.0 and the newly integrated IM and presence service.
With this integral component of the Cisco Unified Communications system, you can:
- Facilitate faster decision making and enhance productivity using presence awareness to view the availability of your colleagues and reduce communications delays.
- See the availability of partners and customers in other organizations and exchange instant messages with them.
- Simultaneously support Cisco Unified Communications and standards-based XMMP clients with this dual-protocol platform that natively supports both SIP/SIMPLE and XMMP on a single software appliance.
- Speed up your business processes and improve first-call resolution and customer satisfaction by providing availability information and communication capabilities in existing web and business applications.
- Meet business requirements with enhanced enterprise IM capabilities such as group chat, persistent chat, IM logging, IM history, and compliance.
Cisco CUCM License
The CUCM (Cisco Call Manager) licenses are available in following types and models. The professional license enables all needed features. In recent version like CUCM 14, this product is also supports smart licensing and all instances can be activated by registering in Cisco smart license manager.
- CUCM Essential User Connect Licensing: This License supports one Analog/Voice device included Jabber IM/Presence and Cisco Unified CM features.
- CUCM Basic User Connect Licensing: This license supports one voice devices and Jabber IM/Presence is included Mobile Connect (SNR) and Cisco Unified CM features.
- CUCM Enhanced User Connect Licensing: This license supports up to two video devices, Jabber Mobile, Jabber Desktop and Jabber IM/Presenc. It also is included Mobile Connect (SNR) and Cisco Unified CM features.
- Standard Unified Workspace Licensing (Standard CUWL): This license supports up to ten voice/video devices, Jabber Mobile, Jabber Desktop and Jabber IM/Presenc. It also is included Mobile Connect (SNR), Unity Connection and Cisco Unified CM features.
- Professional Unified Workspace Licensing (Standard CUWL): This license supports up to ten voice/video devices, Jabber Mobile, Jabber Desktop and Jabber IM/Presenc. It also is included Mobile Connect (SNR), WebEx Meetings, WebEx Social, Unity Connection and Cisco Unified CM features.
Customers can contact our sales specialist to order all Call Manager Licenses.
Cisco CUCM Order Pricing
Cisco CUCM Series try to enhance the of infrastructure and applications management in companies and corporate networks. It gives the access layer infrastructure to its trustworthy users. Indeed there are different ways to contact us and order. The customers should proceed from Cisco License price quote to order and link to our experts to give them the best information and guidance. Our experts give the accurate information to the customers to buy related products and licenses.