Cisco ExpressWay License
Cisco Expressway is the enhanced and next-generation of Cisco VCS Control and VCS Expressway and provides remote and mobile access feature.VCS Control and VCS Expressway was an old Tandberg trunk and line side IP video PBX solution which has firewall traversal for Tandberg endpoints outside the enterprise registration. Generally, Cisco Expressway Core and Expressway edge is new product without line side ability and basically operates like a proxy and traffic can transfer through it so clients don’t need to connect to it directly any more. Moreover, it has a new product option for UCMN and business edition customers but generally it is based on the same code as VCS.
So, Cisco Expressway is designed specifically for comprehensive collaboration services. It features stablished firewall-traversal technology and helps redefine traditional enterprise collaboration boundaries and supporting our vision of any-to-any collaboration.
Cisco Expressway is available in Expressway-C and Expressway-E for deployment. The Expressway is often deployed as a pair. Although, you can deploy Expressway C and E together on a single system, but it is not recommended by Cisco.
Traditional VCS Based Architecture
In traditional architecture VCS Control was in charge for Tandberg endpoints registration on the Internet and VCS Expressway performed as a DMZ.
Cisco Expressway Core and Edge Architecture
In this architecture now one big difference is included, Cisco Unified Call Manager. In the earlier VCS diagram, the control mechanism was provided by VCS Control however here UCM handles this part and the registration from Cisco jabber client transport directly through the firewall and Expressway-E and Expressway-C to UCM.
Cisco Expressway Features
- Up to 5000 registrations on a large system
- Up to 2500 mobile and remote access registration
- SIP proxy/register
- SIP and H.323 support
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- H.323 gatekeeper
- QoS tagging
- Bandwidth management
- URI and ENUM dialing
- Offers proven and highly secure firewall-traversal technology to extend every organizational reach
- Helps to enable business-to-business, business-to-customer and business-to-cloud-service-provider connection
- Provides session-based access to comprehensive collaboration for remote workers without the need for a separate VPN client
- Supports a wide range of device with Cisco Jabber for smartphones, tablets and desktops
- Complements bring-your-own-device (BOYD) strategies and policies for remote and mobile workers
Cisco Expressway Services
- Cisco Spark Hybrid Services
- Mobile and Remote Access
- Jabber Guest Services +9
- Register/Proxy Registrations
- Collaboration Meeting Rooms (CMR) Cloud
- Business to Business Calling
Expressway Web Panel