Cisco ASA 5500-X License
Six threat-focused NGFW security platforms make up the Cisco Firepower 5500 Series, which provides businesses with resiliency by providing superior threat defense. When advanced threat functions are enabled, it provides exceptional sustained performance. From SOHO/ROBO to the internet edge, the throughput range of the ASA 5500 series covers these use cases. Both the licensed Cisco ASA Firewall and Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) are compatible with the licensed ASA 5500-X Series platforms.
What should a next generation firewall (NGFW) look like?
Organizations want more from the NGFW platform and are looking for next-generation firewalls that:
- Integrate current security investments so that the resulting value is greater than the sum of their individual components.
- All security services and event information should be integrated in them and they can see all of them in one view and one management platform.
- Focus on the effectiveness of threats and protect against the entire continuum of threats. It means to protect them both before the threat, during the threat and after the threat.
A next-generation firewall that meets these requirements not only creates value for the organization along with strict application control, but can also provide the organization with greater security effectiveness against sophisticated and destructive malware threats in the real world. By using such a firewall, organizations can gain more capabilities and benefits from their networks while streamlining their operations.
Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) is the industry’s first fully integrated threat-focused NGFW. This NGFW works beyond conventional traditional firewalls and provides complete and integrated protection from the perspective of the entire attack continuum.
With Cisco Firepower NGFW, you now have a unified security platform that goes beyond application control. The powerful correlation of multivector information in this firewall makes it easier to discover suspicious activities and activities that are difficult to detect, and can identify hosts that have signs of danger earlier. With this firewall series like the licensed Cisco ASA 5500-X series, you can prevent more threats, have more visibility over your network, detect and reduce zero-day threats and targeted threats, automate your basic tasks to focus more on your organizational efforts. Focus and get the most out of your available resources.
Providing complete protection
Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) is the most popular deployed stateful firewalling technology. This firewall comes with next-generation IPS, advanced malware protection, and reputation-based URL filtering. All these features are provided in a single device. All of them are available to the user only in one powerful management console.
The licensed Cisco ASA A5500-X series firewall has the following capabilities:
- The possibility of establishing VPN connections in both Site-to-Site and Remote Access forms
- Advanced clustering to increase operational throughput, availability for continuity of communication and business
- Support of more than 4000 software to increase the performance of Application Visibility and Control (AVC) and the possibility of more precise configuration of the intrusion prevention system.
- The possibility of integration with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection platform for Sandboxing and more effective detection of threats, which makes it possible to identify and prevent malware. Also, this mechanism makes it possible to prevent threats based on the weakness of other security layers.
- Support for the new generation of intrusion prevention system or NGIPS, which, in addition to providing a more effective threat prevention process, has created the possibility of identifying multiple threats based on information obtained from users, infrastructure, software, and passing content. Support for the new generation intrusion prevention system or NGIPS also provides the ability to automate defense against these threats.
- It has provided the possibility of filtering access to URLs and websites based on their categories and history. This mechanism has the ability to prevent the traffic of suspicious web pages from accessing and passing through the network and applying different policies. The aforementioned categories have thousands of websites and URLs that fall into more than 80 categories. One of the important advantages of this structure is the automatic updating of categories and URLs.
Superior multi-layer protection
- This next-generation firewall (NGFW) scored the highest in terms of security effectiveness in third-party tests for both NGIPS and AMP, blocking 99.4% and 99.2% of threats, respectively.
Simple management and lower costs
- With the licensed Cisco ASA5500-X firewall, you will have better visibility and control over your network activities. This firewall provides information about users, applications, devices, threats, files and vulnerabilities and protects you from data centers to mobile devices. All this is possible through the Firepower Management Center.
Integrated security services and work automation
- Cisco’s integrated approach to threat defense reduces investment and operational costs. In addition, several different security services are placed on a single platform and the complexities of system administration are also reduced. With the licensed Cisco ASA 5500-X series firewall, you can automate your security tasks to increase your agility and speed.
Many different sizes and different shapes
- Cisco provides you with different platforms: standalone options for small and medium-sized companies, large and powerful devices for massive environments, medium-sized devices for securing the Internet edge, and high-performance devices for enterprise data centers.
Performance of hardware products
- Cisco ASA with FirePower services include Cisco ASA firewall, AVC, URL filter, NGIPS and AMP.
- Cisco ASA is supported with FirePower Software Services on Cisco ASA 5500-X Series and MID security appliances running Cisco ASA Software Release 9.2.2 and later.
- This unique set of capabilities available in the Cisco ASA 5500-X series NGFW platform: Cisco ASA 5506-X, 5506W-X, 5506H-X, 5508-X, 5516-X, 5512-X, 5515-X, 5525-X, 5545-X, 5555-X.
- FirePower Management Center for managing Cisco ASA with FirePower Services, ASA 5512-X, 5515-X, 5525-X, 5545-X, 5555-X. ASDM V 7.3.x is required for ASA 5506-X, 5506W-X, 5506H-X, 5508-X, and 5516-X devices.
5500-X series interface cards with six GE ports
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series 6-Port Gigabit Ethernet Interface extends the input/output specifications of the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series appliances by providing GE ports.
The cards offer the following benefits:
- Support for Ethernet jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes
- Better division of network traffic into separate security areas
- Fiber optic cable connection for long distance communication
- Traffic load sharing as well as protection against link failure through the use of EtherChannel
- Protection against cable failure for active request, active failure and full-mesh firewall setup.
For more information, Security License