Cisco Prime Network
Cisco Prime Network is a comprehensive and cost-effective device operation, administration, and network fault-management solution for today’s complex networks.
Networks are becoming ever more complex in the era of virtualization, consisting of both physical and virtual infrastructures. Service providers are faced with the task of realigning network and data center operations with existing operations support systems (OSSs) to enhance the efficiency, agility, and cost-effectiveness of operations. Today’s management systems are point products that are not integrated, complex to administer, and inefficient.
Cisco Prime™ Network addresses this challenge by providing a single solution for device operation and fault management – supporting both the traditional physical network components along with virtual elements and compute resources (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Centralized Management and Service Assurance for the Entire Network
- Increased operational scale and efficiency through simplified and automated network discovery, configuration, and change management
- Proactive service assurance in combination with Cisco Prime Performance Manager; highly effective postevent fault management and trend information to help providers avoid future service disruptions
- Lower costs through preintegration with the other components of the Cisco Prime Carrier Management suite and through standards-based northbound interfaces (NBIs) to third-party OSSs
- Comprehensive, graphical views of the entire network from topology down to the device level with centralized inventory, status, and fault information (Figures 2 and 3)
- GUI-based device component configuration with more than 200 prebuilt and downloadable configuration plug-ins
- Automated discovery, device configuration, and change management with up-to-date displays of network events, states, and changes
- Automatic root-cause identification, alarm reduction through de-duplication, and topology-guided troubleshooting
- Optimized for multilayer, multitechnology networks and, through Advanced Services engagement, enabled for multivendor network scenarios
Figure 2. Cisco Prime Network Vision Window Displaying Physical Topology
Figure 3. Cisco Prime Network Vision Map with Network Virtualization and Link Information
Detailed Features and Benefits
Table 1 provides details on the features and benefits of Cisco Prime Network.
Table 1. Cisco Prime Network Features and Benefits
Tables 2 through 6 outline the product specifications for each functional module in Cisco Prime Network.
Table 2. Operation and Device Management
Table 3. Change and Configuration Management
Table 4. Network and Service Monitoring
Table 5. System Integration and Customization
Table 6. System Deployment and Administration
Each Cisco Prime Network installation consists of unit servers hosting the VNEs, gateway server, embedded database or external Oracle database, and Windows-based clients. Depending upon the scale of the network, Cisco Prime Network unit and gateway server software can be deployed on a single server or across multiple servers for a distributed architecture.
Cisco Prime Network also allows gateway and unit servers to be deployed as virtual servers, using VMware for Linux. A wide variety of deployment configurations can be tailored to meet the needs of each customer environment.* Systems can also be configured in various standby/high-availability modes to help ensure business continuity.
Interconnected unit servers can host up to thousands of individual VNEs, each representing a managed network element. As the managed network grows, VNEs can easily be moved from one unit to another, and additional units can be added to host additional VNEs.
About Cisco Prime
The Cisco Prime portfolio of IT and service provider management offerings empowers IT organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, Cisco Prime supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience – providing A-to-Z management for EPNs, mobility, video, cloud, and managed services.
Table 7. Ordering Information for Cisco Prime Network 4.2
Cisco Prime Order Pricing
Cisco Prime Network Series try to enhance the of infrastructure and applications management in companies and corporate networks. It gives the access layer infrastructure to its trustworthy users. Indeed there are different ways to contact us and order. The customers should proceed from Cisco License price quote to order and link to our experts to give them the best information and guidance. Our experts give the accurate information to the customers to buy related products and licenses.