GFI Languard License
One of the most important parts of network security and operating systems is identifying vulnerabilities. Meanwhile, using vulnerability scanning tools or Security Scanners is a very common discussion. There are many different tools among the vulnerability scanning tools, but one of these tools that has a long history in this field is the licensed GFI Languard software. This useful solution can be used to discuss vulnerability scanning and at the same time find solutions and patch management.
GFI LanGuard allows you to manage and maintain network security. You can scan your entire network with this tool and have a security scan while receiving the usual hardware and software reports or in other words taking an inventory from the network. Using GFI LanGuard you can identify security vulnerabilities in the network and get reports on them and even install security updates on them with a few simple clicks.
See where threats are entering your network
- Automatically discover all elements of your network: computers, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, printers, servers, virtual machines, routers and switches
- Group your devices for better management. Distribute management to different teams and still see everything from one central management dashboard.
Find weaknesses and gaps that threaten reputation
- Scan your network for missing patches. More than 5000 patches are released every year. Anyone can be the target of a hacker attack.
- Find vulnerabilities in Microsoft, MacOS, Linux operating systems. This licensed solution easily detects missing patches in web browsers and third-party software such as Adobe, Java, and 60 other major vendors.
- Identify non-patch vulnerabilities with an updated list of over 60,000 known ones, as well as things like open ports and system information about shared users, directories, and services.
Patch the holes that make you vulnerable.
- Automatically deploy patches centrally or by deploying agents to devices to do so, saving server processing. Don’t depend on people to patch your environment.
- Check which patches you have installed and roll back if you see any issues.
- Install things other than security patches: Many patches fix bugs to help apps work better.
Report on compliance conditions and vulnerabilities
- Compliance regulations have many requirements to ensure the security of financial, health or other personal information on networks and systems. Failure to comply or demonstrate compliance can mean serious fines, angry customers and lost business.
- Get automated, formatted reports that auditors need to demonstrate compliance with multiple PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, PSN, and CoCo regulations
Support cross-platform patching
With the licensed GFI Languard you can install patches seamlessly across desktops, laptops, servers, roaming devices, and virtual machines from a single interface.
Why do organizations need to use GFI Languard?
Patch management for multiple web browsers
Microsoft Internet Explorer GFI LanGuard is the first solution that automatically patches itself for all major web browsers running on Windows systems: Microsoft Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome Apple Safari and Opera .
Patch management across multiple operating systems
GFI LanGuard is compatible with Microsoft, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems, as well as many third-party applications. Scan your network automatically or on demand. Download missing patches or rollback patches automatically.
Before hackers discover vulnerabilities
GFI LanGuard License network security scanner can detect more than 60,000 vulnerabilities. It scans devices, identifies and categorizes security vulnerabilities, suggests a course of action, and gives you tools to fix the problem. The graphical threat level indicator provides a visual and weighted assessment of the vulnerability status of scanned devices.
Patch management for multiple third-party applications
GFI LanGuard provides third-party patch management support for popular applications such as Apple QuickTime, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, Adobe Shockwave Player, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Java Runtime and other offers.
Check for vulnerabilities in network devices
GFI LanGuard keeps switches, routers, access points and printers safe from attack. It also supports vulnerability scanning on smartphones and tablets running Windows, Android and iOS, plus a number of network devices such as printers, routers and switches from manufacturers such as HP, Cisco and many others.
The web-based reporting interface is provided via a secure connection (https) supported by all major browsers. Customers with large networks can install multiple GFI LanGuard instances (sites) and a web console to install centralized profiling and aggregated reporting across all instances.
Integrates with third-party security programs
GFI LanGuard with over 4,000 critical security applications including: Antivirus, Antispyware, Firewall, Anti-Phishing, Backup Client, VPN Client, URL Filter, Patch Manager, Web Browser, Instant Messaging, Peer-to-Peer, Disk is merged. Encryption, data loss prevention and device access control. This report provides the status and list of instant messages or peer-to-peer programs installed on your network. It also fixes things that need attention, such as creating antivirus or antispyware updates.
Track the latest vulnerabilities and missed updates
GFI LanGuard with a detailed vulnerability assessment database, including standards such as OVAL (over 11,500 checks) and SANS Top 20. This database is regularly updated with information from BugTraq, SANS Corporation, OVAL, CVE and others. The automatic update system keeps it constantly up-to-date with newly released Microsoft security updates and vulnerability checks.
With this licensed solution reports can be exported to popular formats such as PDF, HTML, XLS, XLSX, RTF and CSV and can be scheduled and sent via email. They can also be used as templates to create new custom reports and are fully rebranded.
Run agent-based or agentless modes
GFI LanGuard can be configured to run in low agent or agent mode. Agent technology enables automated network security audits and distributes the scanning load across client machines.
The interactive dashboard provides a summary of the current network security status and a history of all network-related changes over time. Explore information, from network-wide security sensors to individual security scan results.
Work in virtual environments
GFI LanGuard License supports and utilizes the most commonly used virtualization technologies such as VMware®, Microsoft Virtual Server, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Citrix® and Parallel. It also detects virtual machines hosted by the scanned computer.
Comply with PCI DSS regulations
Businesses that handle cardholder data must fully comply with the security standards of the world’s major credit card companies. GFI LanGuard provides vulnerability management with extensive reporting. It helps you protect your network and evaluate the effectiveness of PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GLB / GLBA or PSN CoCo programs.