Riverbed is an Application Performance Company. We know application performance end to end and inside and out. Delivering high performance over long distances has been Riverbed’s focus since Jerry Kennelly (who is still our CEO) founded the company way back in 2002.
Riverbed FeaturesBy using the Riverbed, customers can benefit from the following features:
Riverbed WAN Optimization
Riverbed has helped over 28,000 customers solve the world’s toughest application delivery challenges since it has been launched the first WAN optimization appliance in 2004, Riverbed SteelHead, which is still the market leader a dozen years later.
Riverbed Unified Visibility
In 2009, Riverbed was the first vendor – and, amazingly, we’re still the only vendor – to provide end-to-end visibility, with Riverbed SteelCentral, across all the infrastructure components and the entire chain of interactions that constitute an “application” in today’s complex world of IT.
In 2012, Riverbed was the first vendor – and, amazingly, Riverbed is still the only vendor – to software-define the edge with Riverbed SteelFusion, the only hyper-converged infrastructure solution designed specifically for remote office and branch office (ROBO) environments and requirements.
In 2016, Riverbed was the first vendor to bring an application-defined approach to SD-WAN with Riverbed SteelConnect. The unique solution is already beginning to disrupt the legacy hardware-based network routing market with a unified software-defined connectivity environment that spans and integrates all enterprise networks, from cloud networks to hybrid WANs to remote LANs.
SteelConnect allows enterprises to replace thousands of manually configured routers with virtual network designs based on plain-language business policies, instant, single-click provisioning into the cloud, zero-touch provisioning across the edge (i.e. an enterprise’s entire distributed landscape of remote facilities and branch offices), and easy orchestration of SLAs, QoS, and network changes.
Riverbed Architecture for Application Performance
Today, Riverbed offers the industry’s most complete architecture for application performance, the Riverbed Application Performance Platform™, which integrates the following solutions:
- Riverbed SteelCentral: A complete performance management and control suite that uniquely provides unified visibility spanning all aspects of user experience, application, and network performance.
- Riverbed SteelHead: The industry’s #1 WAN optimization solution for accelerating delivery of all applications across the hybrid enterprise.
- Riverbed SteelConnect: Next-generation SD-WAN platform that provides unified LAN, WAN and cloud connectivity across the digital enterprise for fast, agile, secure application delivery.
- Riverbed SteelFusion: The first and only hyper-converged infrastructure solution designed to enable zero IT at the branch by centralizing 100% of branch data and servers into data centers without compromising local performance or availability.
The Riverbed license is Application Performance Platform helps to create and refine an architecture that supports, enables, and drives digital transformation with new levels of:
- Visibility. See and understand what’s going on with your apps and services with clear visibility spanning the entire enterprise from cloud to branch to data center to user.
- Performance. Optimize performance of apps and services for the best possible user experience for employees, partners, customers, etc., wherever, whatever, whenever.
- Security. Systematically protect your company assets and customer data to avoid financial and brand repercussions.
- Agility. Simplify and automate infrastructure so you can respond quickly to change to gain competitive advantage.