SolarWinds SAM License
Server & Application Monitor
Detect and Troubleshoot Performance Issues Faster
SolarWinds SAM License is designed to monitor your applications and their supporting infrastructure, whether running on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment. Don’t let slow applications and downtime impact your end users and business services. Pinpoint the root cause of application issues across various layers of the IT stack.Automatically discover your application’s environment, and start monitoring typically in about an hour. No professional services or consultation needed.
SERVER & APPLICATION MONITOR
- Monitor your entire on-premises, cloud, or hybrid application environment and infrastructure from one tool.
- 1,200+ application, system, and infrastructure monitoring templates.
- Comprehensive monitoring for Microsoft applications, systems, hypervisor, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS products.
- Visualize and map the dynamic communication-based relationships between applications and servers so you can discover network issues that slow down your applications.
Application Availability and Performance Monitoring
Over 1,200+ application, system, infrastructure, and cloud templates, including Windows, Linux, Java, Active Directory, SharePoint, Citrix, Office 365 accounts, and more. You can easily extend monitoring to any custom or home-grown applications and leverage your existing scripts to build new monitors
Application Infrastructure Dependency Mapping
The built-in AppStack dashboard is designed to give you a contextual view of how applications are linked to other components within the IT infrastructure, including servers, virtual machines, and storage systems
Monitor Cloud Applications
SolarWinds SAM License is agent and agentless deployment can be extended to monitor to IaaS environments, such as Azure and AWS, PaaS services for Microsoft Azure, and SaaS services for Office 365. SAM also provides container monitoring for Docker, Kubernetes, and Mesos.
SAM can automatically discover the relationships between applications and servers, based on active application communication, and can collect network connection statistics, such as packet loss and latency.
Deep Monitoring of Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, and SQL Server
The built-in AppInsight monitoring templates are designed to deliver deep visibility to help you identify complex performance issues in Microsoft Exchange, IIS, and SQL Server.
- Active Directory: Get detailed AD statics, such as replication, FSMO roles, site details with subnets, user and computer events, logon events, process and services details, and more
- Exchange: View mailbox database status and storage, identify replication issues, and monitor user mailbox activity
- IIS: Monitor availability of websites and application pools, report SSL certificate expiration, and perform remote actions to start/stop application pools
- SQL Server: Monitor connections, sessions, database transactions, disk I/O, storage, latches, locks, SQL agent job status, expensive queries by CPU time, and more
Cross-Stack IT Data Correlation
Accelerate identification of root cause by dragging and dropping network performance metrics on a common timeline for immediate visual correlation across all of your network data.
Customizable performance and availability reports and alerts
Schedule and generate custom system performance reports and alerts with hundreds available out of the box. Quickly configure alerts and reports for correlated events, sustained conditions, and complex combinations of device states.
INTEGRATION WITH OTHER SOLARWINDS PRODUCTS
SolarWinds SAM is part of the IT management software on the SolarWinds OrionPlatform. SAM can seamlessly integrate with other products on the Orion Platform, including Network Performance Monitor, Virtualization Manager, Storage Resource Monitor, and Web Performance Monitor, for unified IT monitoring.