Activating PLR License on Cisco FMC
Cisco FMC (Firepower Management Center) allows you to assign licenses to managed devices and manage licenses for the system.
A single Firepower Management Center can manage both devices that require Classic licenses and devices that require Smart Licenses.
Cisco FMC PLR License Activation
For activating this feature please follow the below steps:
- Enter the following command in the FMC CLI to access device Shell:
- Enter the following commands to run Cisco PLR activation script:
- By selecting 2nd option you can enable PLR feature on the device then enter 1 to verify it.
- After this, exit the shell and access to your FMC management IP through your browser.
- Select the Universal Licensingunder the gear icon.
At the end and in the following windows, by generating the reservation code and sending it to a Cisco partner you can receive a PLR license which can activate all instances PERMANENTLY and without any connection to the Internet!