Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switch License
Models in this Series
- Catalyst 3750G-12S Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-12S-SD Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-24PS Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-24T Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-24TS Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-24TS-1U Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-48PS Switch
- Catalyst 3750G-48TS Switch
- Catalyst 3750V2-24FS Switch
- Catalyst 3750V2-24PS Switch
- Catalyst 3750V2-24TS Switch
- Catalyst 3750V2-48PS Switch
- Catalyst 3750V2-48TS Switch
The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches are an enterprise-class lines of stackable and standalone switches, respectively. These switches provide high availability, scalability, security, energy efficiency, and ease of operation with innovative features such as Cisco StackPower (available only on the Catalyst 3750-X), IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) configurations, optional network modules, redundant power supplies, and Media Access Control Security (MACsec) features. The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series with StackWise Plus technology provides scalability, ease of management and investment protection for the evolving business needs. The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X enhance productivity by enabling applicationssuch as IP telephony, wireless, and video for borderless network experience.
Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series primary features:
● 24 and 48 10/100/1000 PoE+, non-PoE models, and 12 and 24 GE SFP port models
● 24 and 48 10/100/1000 UPOE-capable models with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support
● Fouroptional uplink network modules with GE or 10GE ports
● Industry first PoE+ with 30W power on all ports in 1 rack unit (RU) form factor
● Dual redundant, modular power supplies and fans
● Media Access Control Security (MACsec) hardware-based encryption
● Flexible NetFlow and switch-to-switch hardware encryption with the Service Moduleuplink
● Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for routed access in IP Base image
● IPv4 and IPv6 routing, Multicast routing, advanced quality of service (QoS), and security features in hardware
● Enhanced limited lifetime warranty (LLW) with next business day (NBD) advance hardware replacement and 90 day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support
● Enhanced Cisco EnergyWise for operational cost optimization by measuring actual power consumption of the PoE devices, reporting, and reducing energy consumption across the network
● USB Type-A and Type-B ports for storage and console respectively and an out-of-band Ethernet management portIn addition to the above features, the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X switches also offer:
● Cisco StackPower technology: An innovative feature and industry first for sharing power among stack members
● Cisco StackWise Plus technology for ease of use and resiliency with 64 Gbps of throughput
● Investment protection with backward compatibility with all other models of Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches
All switch models can be configured with fouroptional network modules. The UPOE, PoE+,and non-PoE switch models are available with either the LAN Base or IP Base feature set. IP Services feature set is available as an upgrade option at the time of ordering or through a license at a later time. The GE SFP switch models are available with either IP Base or IP Services feature set.
Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Software
In addition to IP Base and IP Services feature sets, the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series come with a new LAN Base feature set. The three feature sets available with all Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches are:
- LAN Base: enterprise access Layer 2 switching features
- IP Base: baseline enterprise access Layer 3 switching features
- IP Services: advanced Layer 3 switching (IPv4 and IPv6) features
The LAN Base feature set includes comprehensive Layer 2 features, with up-to 255 VLANs. The IP Base feature set provides baseline enterprise services in addition to all LAN Base features, with 1K VLANs. IP Base also includes the support for routed access, StackPower (available only on the Catalyst 3750-X), MACsec, and the new Cisco Service Module. The IP Services feature set provides full enterprise services that includes advanced Layer 3 features such as Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), and IPv6 routing such as OSPFv3 and EIGRPv6. All software feature sets support advanced security, QoS, and management features.The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series Switches with LAN Base feature set can only stack with other Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series LAN Base switches. A mixed stack of LAN Base switch with IP Base or IP Services features set is not supported. Customers can transparently upgrade the software feature set in the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches through Cisco IOS Software activation. Software activation authorizes and enables the Cisco IOS Software feature sets. A special file contained in the switch, called a license file, is examined by Cisco IOS Software when the switch is powered on. Based on the license’s type, Cisco IOS Software activates the appropriate feature set. License types can be changed, or upgraded, to activate a different feature set.
Ease of Operations
The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X help reduce the operating coststhrough:
- Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations
- Easy to use deployment and control features
- Advanced, intelligent network management tools
Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations
Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations is a comprehensive set of capabilities that simplify LAN deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting. In addition to adaptive, always on technologies such as StackWise and StackPower, Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations enable zero touch installation and replacement of switches, fast upgrade, as well as ease of troubleshooting with reduced operational cost. Cisco Catalyst License Smart Operationsis a set of features that includes Smart Install, auto Smartports, Smart Configuration. and Smart Troubleshooting to enhance operational excellence:
● Cisco Smart Installis a transparent plug and play technology to configure the Cisco IOS Software image and switch configuration without user intervention. Smart Install utilizes dynamic IP address allocation and the assistance of other switches to facilitate installation providing transparent network plug and play.
● Cisco Auto Smartportsprovide automatic configuration as devices connect to the switch port, allowing auto detection and plug and play of the device onto the network.
● Cisco Smart Configurationprovides a single point of management for a group of switches and in addition adds the ability to archive and backup configuration files to a file server or switch allowing seamless zero touch switch replacement.
● Cisco Smart Troubleshootingis an extensive array of debug diagnostic commands and system health checks within the switch, including Generic Online Diagnostics (GOLD) and Onboard Failure Logging (OBFL).
Easy to Use Deployment and Control Features
● Embedded Event Manager (EEM) is a powerful and flexible feature that provides real-time network event detection and onboard automation. Using EEM, customers can adapt the behavior of their network devices to align with their business needs. This feature requires IP Base feature set.
● IP service-level agreements (SLAs) enable customers to assure new business-critical IP applications, as well as IP services that utilize data, voice, and video, in an IP network. This feature requires IP Services feature set.
● Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) autoconfiguration of multiple switches through a boot server eases switch deployment.
● Automatic QoS (AutoQoS) simplifies QoS configuration in voice over IP (VoIP) networks by issuing interface and global switch commands to detect Cisco IP phones, classify traffic, and help enable egress queue configuration.
● Stacking master configuration management and Cisco StackWise technology helps ensure that all switches are automatically upgraded when the master switch receives a new software version. Automatic software version checking and updating help ensurethat all stack members have the same software version.
● Autonegotiationon all ports automatically selects half-or full-duplex transmission mode to optimize bandwidth.
● Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) facilitates dynamic trunk configuration across all switch ports.
● Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) automates the creation of Cisco Fast EtherChannel groups or Gigabit EtherChannel groups to link to another switch, router, or server.
● Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) allows the creation of Ethernet channeling with devices that conform to IEEE 802.3ad. This feature is similar to Cisco EtherChannel technology and PAgP.
● Automatic media-dependent interface crossover (MDIX) automatically adjusts transmit and receive pairs if an incorrect cable type (crossover or straight-through) is installed.
● Unidirectional Link Detection Protocol (UDLD) and Aggressive UDLD allow unidirectional links caused by incorrect fiber-optic wiring or port faults to be detected and disabled on fiber-optic interfaces.
● Switching Database Manager (SDM) templates for access, routing, and VLAN deployment allow the administrator to easily maximize memory allocation to the desired features based on deployment-specific requirements.
● Local Proxy Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) works in conjunction with Private VLAN Edge to minimize broadcasts and maximize available bandwidth.
● VLAN1 minimization allows VLAN1 to be disabled on any individual VLAN trunk.
● Smart Multicast, with Cisco StackWise Plus technology, allows the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series to offer greater efficiency and support for more multicast data streams such as video by putting each data packet onto the backplane only once.
● Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) Snooping for IPv4 and IPv6 MLD v1 and v2 Snooping provide fast client joins and leaves of multicast streams and limit bandwidth-intensive video traffic to only the requestors.
● Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR) continuously sends multicast streams in a multicast VLAN while isolating the streams from subscriber VLANs for bandwidth and security reasons.
● Per-port broadcast, multicast, and unicast storm control prevents faulty end stations from degrading overall systems performance.
● Voice VLAN simplifies telephony installations by keeping voice traffic on a separate VLAN for easier administration and troubleshooting.
● Cisco VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) supports dynamic VLANs and dynamic trunk configuration across all switches.
● Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN) allows administrators to remotely monitor ports in a Layer 2 switch network from any other switch in the same network.
● Layer 2 tracerouteeases troubleshooting by identifying the physical path that a packet takes from source to destination.
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) reduces the cost of administering software upgrades by downloading from a centralized location.
● Network Timing Protocol (NTP) provides an accurate and consistent timestamp to all intranet switches.
Advanced, Intelligent Network Management Tools
The Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches offer both a superior CLI for detailed configuration and Cisco Network Assistant software, a PC-based tool for quick configuration based on preset templates. In addition, CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) supports the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X and 3560-X Series Switches for networkwide management.