F5 BIG-IP i7000 Series License
The BIG-IP i7000 Series is designed and manufactured for medium to large organizations on the medium to high performance ADC platform. The BIG-IP i7000 series is designed in both i7600 / i7800 models with TurboFlex optimization technology. The height of a unit in the rack has the ability to provide twice the power of layer 7.4, twice the simultaneous connection of layer 4, 60% more SSL TPS and 50% more vADC guest support compared to previous models.
The mid-range F5 BIG-IP 7000 series has impressive performance and provides an integrated and secure platform for even the most sophisticated applications. This professional hardware puts medium organizations in need of their security services and is able to manage all the programs and applications of the organization seamlessly in the network.
Advantages of F5 BIG-IP 7000
Using this licensed hardware can have many benefits, we will introduce these benefits in the following.
- F5 ScaleN technology enables organizations to enable virtualization or clustering of multiple BIG-IP devices and create a network infrastructure for the application. So that by changing the need can change dynamically and arbitrarily.
- This solution has the best performance under the SSL protocol compared to the ones on the market. It also speeds up SSL / TLS performance with key switching and group encryption. BIG-IP iSeries solutions include hardware acceleration of ECC codes and increased security.
- BIG-IP operating systems offer maximum hardware compression and allow traffic compression to improve page load time and reduce bandwidth usage.
- SSD enterprise technology improves performance and reliability in selected BIG-IP operating systems, as well as saving power consumption and reducing heat and noise.
- The most important performance features include 80 Plus Platinum power supplies as well as touch screen, front screen, remote start and multi-boot support and USB support.
Centralized BIG-IQ management
Centralized BIG-IQ management manages policies, permissions, SSL certificates, images, and configurations for F5 devices and the following BIG-IP software modules:
- BIG-IP DNS
- F5 Secure Web Gateway Services
- BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
- BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM)
- BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM)
- BIG-IP Application Security Manager (ASM)
- F5 WebSafe and F5 MobileSafe (monitoring only)
Double layer architecture F5 BIG-IP 7000
The licensed F5 BIG-IP 7000 Series provides a two-layer architecture and optimized design for companies based in a private cloud. These companies can take advantage of hardware and software benefits in this way. In the first layer, it provides services such as Layer 4 traffic management, distributed firewalls, denial of service (DDoS) or SSL loading, which are centrally applied to all incoming network traffic. These services, which deal with heavy traffic and consume a lot of CPU, require scalability and guaranteed service level agreements (SLAs). Licensed BIG-IP i7000Series hardware meets these requirements and can be more cost-effective than servers, depending on the environment and application requirements.
In the following, we will refer to the general features of F5 BIG-IP i7000 Series License:
- L7 requests per second: 3M
- L4 connections per second: 1.1M
- L4 HTTP requests per second: 14M
- Maximum L4 concurrent connections: 80M
- Throughput: 80Gbps/40Gbps L4/L7
- Virtualization (Maximum Number of vCMP Guests): 12
- Processor: One 6-Core Intel Xeon processor (total 12 hyperthreaded logical processor cores)
- Memory: 96GB DDR4
- Hard Drive: 1x480GB Enterprise Class SSD Model with Dual SSDs in RAID 1 also available
- Gigabit Ethernet CU Ports: Optional SFP
- Gigabit Fiber Ports (SFP): Optional SFP (SX or LX)
- 10 Gigabit Fiber Ports (SFP): 8SR/LR (sold separately); optional 10G copper direct attach
- 40 Gigabit Fiber Ports (QSFP): 4SR4/LR4 (sold separately) (QSFP optical breakout cable assemblies available to convert to 10G ports)