SolarWinds License Inc. is an American company that develops software for businesses to help manage their networks, systems, and information technology infrastructure. It is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with sales and product development offices in a number of locations in the United States and several other countries.The company was publicly traded from May 2009 until the end of 2015, and again from October 2018. It has also acquired a number of other companies, some of which it still operates under their original names, including Pingdom, Papertrail and Loggly.It had about 300,000 customers as of December 2020, including nearly all Fortune 500 companies and numerous federal agencies.
A SolarWinds product, Orion, used by about 33,000 public and private sector customers, was the focus of a large-scale attack disclosed in December 2020. The attack persisted undetected for months in 2020, and additional details about the breadth and depth of compromised systems continued to surface after the network license initial disclosure. In February 2021, Microsoft President Brad Smith said that it was “the largest and most sophisticated attack the world has ever seen”
Server & Application Monitor (SAM) is designed to monitor your applications and their supporting infrastructure, whether running on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment. Don’t let slow applications and downtime impact your end users and business services. Pinpoint the root cause of application issues across various layers of the IT stack. Automatically discover your application’s environment and start monitoring typically in about an hour. No professional services or consultation needed.
- Network Management
- Systems Management
- Data Base Management
- IT Security
- IT Service management
- Application Management
- Managed Service Providers
Server Application Monitoring
- Monitor your entire on-premises, cloud, or hybrid application environment and infrastructure from one tool.
- 1,200+ application, system, and infrastructure monitoring templates. 1,000+ community templates and custom template creation, leveraging multiple protocols/approaches (REST API, WMI, SNMP, PowerShell).
- Comprehensive monitoring for Microsoft® applications, systems, hyperv IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS products.
- Visualize and map the dynamic communication-based relationships between applications and servers, so you can discover network issues slowing down your applications.