SolarWinds NCM License
Network Configuration Manager
Automated Network Configuration and Change Management
SolarWinds NCM Is can help save time and improve network reliability and security by managing configurations, changes, and compliance for routers, switches, and other network devices.
WHY CHOOSE NETWORK CONFIGURATION MANAGER?
- Network Configuration Manager provides out-of-the-box support for major network device vendors, including Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, HP, Huawei, F5, Avaya, Ruckus, and more
- NCM enables automated bulk deployment of standardized device configs
- NCM allows you to set up automatic backups of device configurations and roll back to the last known good configurations, if necessary
- NCM will automatically identify IOS devices with potential vulnerabilities, utilizing the NIST CVE repository service, and even provides the tools to manage the investigation, remediation, or waiver of each vulnerability
- NCM audits device configs for NIST FISMA, DISA STIG, and DSS PCI compliance
- Built on the Orion Platform, NCM provides the ability to fully integrate with additional network monitoring modules (network performance monitoring, NetFlow traffic analysis, WAN management, VoIP, device tracking, and IP address management), as well as systems, storage, and virtualization management, all in a single web console
- NCM gives you choice in how to deploy—either on-premises or in the cloud
- Save time identifying out-of-compliance configurations using multi-device baselines. Use a single baseline or multiple across your network to monitor the configs critical to you
NEW in version 8.0:
Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks
Gain deeper visibility to complex devices like Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Nexus switches, and now Palo Alto Networks firewalls. Pair with NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) to view traffic con- versations by policy in the context of the NCM Policy Details page.
Flexible Deployment Options With Azure SQL Database
Take charge of your NCM deployment with flexibility to deploy NCM either on-premises or in the cloud with Azure SQL Database or Amazon RDS.
Config-to-config Diff View
With NCM, you can now see config-to-config diff views in addition to baseline-to-config diff views. Leverage the diff viewer to help quickly identify changes within those configs.
Network Configuration and Change Management
Configuration Change Automation
Get help simplifying and standardizing recurring or complex configuration changes by creating a single vendor-neutral script that can be scheduled and executed on routers, switches, and other network devices from Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, HP, Dell, Brocade, F5, Aruba, Ruckus, and more.
Configuration Backup and Restore
Be able to quickly recover from a configuration change or catastrophic device failure by having the latest device configuration archives to restore.
Be able to know when a configuration has changed. An alert signals you to trace the change down to the device and allows you to view what specific changes were made.
Change Management and Firmware Upgrades
Be able to prevent mistakes by reviewing and approving proposed changes using integrated change approval workflow. Use role and access permissions to improve delegation and collab- oration by controlling who can make changes to devices and configurations. Upgrade Lenovo and Juniper devices with the NCM Firmware Upgrade feature.
Baseline and Configuration Drift
Be able to save time identifying out-of-compliance configurations using multi-device baselines. Use a single baseline or multiple across your network to monitor the configs critical to you, and leverage the baseline diff viewer to help quickly identify changes within those configs.
Network Insight for Cisco Nexus
Review interface configs alongside performance metrics—filter, search, and identify config changes for access control lists (ACLs)—and get monitoring and backup for every Virtual De-vice Context.
Network Insight for Cisco ASA
Gain the ability to: discover security contexts, backup and restore config files, discover, visualize, and audit access control lists, and easily manage firmware upgrades for Cisco ASAs.
Network Insight for Palo Alto Networks
Gain not only a deeper understanding of policy configurations but also policy and interface config snippets, config diff for policies, and policy management for Palo Alto Network firewalls. Combine with NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) for visibility to traffic conversations by policy in the context of the NCM Policy Details page.
IOS Vulnerability Scanning
Improve network security by automatically identifying IOS vulnerabilities and easily upgrading IOS firmware.
Compliance Assessment and Enforcement
Leverage out-of-the-box compliance assessments and reports for critical security standards like DISA STIG, NIST FISMA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and more—then use automated remediation scripts to correct any violations.
Integration with Network Performance Monitor
See when a configuration in the network service path has changed through integration with NPM’s NetPath feature. Identify performance or configuration issues on key network devices with the Network Insight for Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA, and Palo Alto Networks devices.