One of the main products of Fortinet Company, a firewall made by this company S. The company’s firewalls have been one of the best-selling firewalls on the market for many years. A firewall is a key component of an organization’s IT security and acts as a shield against harmful traffic and protects your data against unauthorized access.
Firewalls on the network can be in the form of hardware, software, or a combination of both. A firewall should be located at the core of the network and use the licenses provided to determine which traffic enters the network and which leaves.
FortiGate is a new generation firewall developed by one of the best companies specializing in cyber security information technology, Fortinet. A Fortinet license firewall can easily provide cybersecurity for large and small businesses. FortiGate Firewall, built using FortiGuard security processors and threat information, provides unparalleled performance and protection for network administrators. At the same time, using this Fortinet license can make network management easier. Fortinet offers a variety of Fortinet models to meet the various needs of organizations and companies.
Layered security with Fortinet Security Fabric
A layered security approach is key to Fortinet’s Security Fabric. The integrated security of Fortinet (Fortinet Security Fabric) provides extensive security and deep insight for all parts of the network, devices and internal applications of businesses.
This approach allows you to control and identify various attack vectors as well as the input of all inputs and modify them if needed. This will help you make sure you have all the bases under control. Definitely, this method is better than the “all in one” approach, which establishes a general security for the network.
Fortinet’s integrated security features across the entire network
- Web Apps creates security for all web applications
- Unified Access secures network authentication to protect the network
- Multi-Cloud Secure private and public cloud space as well as its software
- Management Analytics controls the access and viewing format of important data
- The email of Ron users is safe against unwanted spam and malicious phishing attacks
The next generation of Fortinet mid-range firewalls
Fortinet Mid-Range Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) offers high performance, advanced layer-by-layer security, and comprehensive network visibility to protect against cyber-attacks while reducing complexity. they give. FortiGate firewalls are purpose-built with security license processors to provide the best threat protection and the highest performance for SSL encrypted traffic.
By providing a good view of applications, users, and devices connected to the Internet, these firewalls are designed to quickly identify and fully display network security issues. Fortinet security services receive constant updates from encrypted malware, malicious websites, and potential threats from FortiGuard Labs, and with upgraded licenses, you can get the best level of security for your network.
Features of Fortinet intermediate firewalls include:
- Centralized management and reporting system
- Use multilayer security capabilities to reduce complexity
- Create accurate visibility and control of IOT applications, users and devices
- Create superior security approved by NSS Labs, Virus Bulletin and AV Comparatives
- Having the highest level of threat protection and excellent SSL performance among competitors
How does a Fortinet licensed firewall work?
In short, the Fortinet firewall provides the desired security by monitoring the data flowing into the network and checking whether its transmission is secure. Firewalls send data with information such as geographical location and source. The received information is then evaluated with a list of permissions specified by the network administrators for the firewall to determine if it can cross the network. A firewall is the last defense against network and server security threats. However, as cyber-attacks become more complex, defending against the cyber attack threats that can also be encrypted becomes much more challenging.
According to research, it is estimated that 80% of business traffic is encrypted. Of these, about 50 percent of malicious attacks targeted businesses with encrypted traffic. FortiGate firewalls with built-in security processors along with the best FortiGuard threat detection methods provide advanced protection for businesses, even against encrypted traffic.
Fortinet Firewall Features
The most important features provided by the Fortinet firewall include the following:
- Ability to protect the system against threats with excellent performance: This protection against threats can be done by filtering the website, using antivirus and controlling programs that can be a way of intrusion. In this way, they protect companies and organizations from cyber security threats such as malware.
- Optimal protection of critical applications: Highly proportional segmentation and very low latency to protect different parts of the network.
- Possibility of automatic risk assessment: Automatic workflow features are removed from the IT department.
- Security Ratings: With the security ratings provided by Fortinet, you can take the best security measures.
- Types of Fortinet licenses: With the up-to-date license of this software that you have to order and buy, you can provide the best level of security for your system.
- Ability to use threat intelligence independently and continuously: This firewall guarantees protection against known and unknown attacks.
- Enterprise Class Security Management: Allows you to manage security assets regardless of geographical location.
- Security integration: Provides fast and automated protection by sharing threats across the entire IT security infrastructure.
FortiAnalyzer is used as a security analysis tool in NOC-SOC parts of the network. This tool is built with operational perspective, perspective and functionalities such as drill-down capability in the network. This tool not only gives organizations an overview of the threats they may be putting at risk, but also accurately identifies network risk areas for network administrators.
In this way, it is possible to understand which part of the network can have a security vulnerability and quickly prepare for its improvement. Forty Analyzer for Fortinet security devices provides security network reports and logs. It also provides real-time alerts that expedite the detection, investigation and response to incidents even when they are occurring.
FortiWeb is another product of FortiNet License. This tool can create a security point between the user endpoint and a web application. This way FortiWeb can prevent attacks against web servers. FortiWeb is installed separately from the application, so it does not create additional load for the main tool. FortiWeb application firewalls provide advanced capabilities for enterprise network administrators. This tool protects web applications against known and zero-day threats.
In organizations and companies, unprotected web applications are always the easiest point of penetration for hackers. Therefore, the web application security service provided by FortiGuard Labs, based on the latest information obtained from vulnerabilities of software, suspicious URLs,bots, data patterns and specialized search engines, protects your network against complex threats such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, buffer overflows and cookie poisoning, malicious resources and attacks on the DoS platform.
Fortinet license protection
Fortinet firewalls can protect your business from all kinds of security threats. These safety protections include protection against:
- Farming attacks
- Peer to peer networks
- Hybrid network attacks
- Instant messaging viruses
- Types of phishing and social engineering projects
Fortinet is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Fortinet develops and sells cybersecurity solutions such as physical firewalls, antivirus software, intrusion prevention systems, and endpoint security components.
The licensed Fortinet products provides security solutions for network, endpoint, application, data center, cloud and access. Fortinet security equipment provides complete security for organizations. Fortinet was founded in 2000 by brothers Ken Xie and Michael Xie.
In order to provide a broad set of next-generation network and security functions, the FortiGate commercial firewall platform is available in a wide range of sizes and forms to fit any environment, which can be used as an integrated threat management system.
By providing an end-to-end security infrastructure, Fortnite products are easy to implement and cover the following features:
- Email security
- Network security
- Endpoint security
- Multi-Cloud security
- Secure Unified Access
- Web Application Security
- Management and Analytics
- Advanced Threat Protection