Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers provide a Software Defined WAN platform that aggregates multiple WAN connections and network services including encryption and traffic management, and forward them across WAN connections at line speeds from 2.5 to 200 Gbps. The routers contain both hardware and software redundancy in an industry-leading high-availability design.
The latest additions to the Cisco ASR 1000 Series are the Cisco ASR 1002-HX Router and the Cisco ASR 1001-HX Router. Both new routers support up to 100 Gbps in a 2-Rack-Unit (2RU) and 60 Gbps in a 1-Rack-Unit (1RU) form factor, respectively. The ASR 1002-HX has 8 built-in 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports and 8 1 GE ports, with the Ethernet Port Adapter (EPA) slot for expansion. The ASR 1001-HX has 4 built-in 10 GE ports, 8 1 GE ports, and 4 configurable 10 GE or 1 GE ports. The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Route Processor 3 is the newest addition to the modular control plane engines in the Cisco ASR 1000 Series. The Route Processor 3 adds more options for higher performance, memory, and storage to the ASR 1000 Series.
For more information, Security License
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series supports Cisco IOS XE Software, a modular operating system with modular packaging, feature velocity, and powerful resiliency. The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Embedded Services Processors (ESPs), which are based on Cisco Flow Processor technology, accelerate many advanced features such as crypto-based access security; Network Address Translation (NAT), thread defense with Cisco Zone-Based Firewall (ZBFW), Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), and a diverse set of Data-Center-Interconnect (DCI) features. These services are implemented in Cisco IOS XE Software without the need for additional hardware support.
Cisco ASR 1000 Series routers sit at the edge of your enterprise data center or large office connecting to the WAN, as well as in service provider Points Of Presence (POPs). The Cisco ASR 1000 Series will benefit the following types of customers:
- Enterprises experiencing explosive network traffic as mobility, cloud networking, and video and collaboration usage increase: Cisco ASRs consolidate these various traffic streams and apply traffic management and redundancy properties to them to maintain consistent performance among enterprise sites and cloud locations.
- Network service providers needing to deliver high-performance services, such as DCI and branch-office server aggregation, to business customers: Service providers can also use the multiservice routers to deploy hosted and managed services to business and multimedia services to residential customers.
- Existing Cisco 7200 Series Router (end-of-sale) customers looking for simple migration to a new multiservice platform that delivers greater performance with the same design.
For more information, Cisco ASR License
The licensed ASR 1000 series aggregation layer routers are software-oriented routers for wide area networks. These routers are able to aggregate the connection and communication between several wide WAN networks, including encryption services, traffic management and other services required by the network and transmit through WAN connections at a speed of 2.5 Gbps to 200 Gbps. These licensed solutions include software and hardware redundancy with high availability.
Cisco ASR 1000 Embedded Processors (ESP), which are based on Cisco processor technology, enable many advanced features such as cryptographic-based access security. Network Address Translation (NAT), Topic Defense with Cisco Zoning-Based Firewall (ZBFW), Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) and a diverse set of Data-Center-Interconnect (DCI) features. These services are implemented in Cisco IOS XE software without the need for additional hardware support.
Cisco ASR 1000 key features
- Automation: ASR 1000 series routers are built to manage automated networks such as SD-WAN.
- Advanced silicon brain: Cisco’s latest ASIC technology in the Cisco ASR 1000 series provides reliable network edge performance, even in fast connections and transactions.
- Security and integrity: Advanced encryption performance, layered security services, and tamper-resistant design help the Cisco ASR 1000 reduce your attack surface and secure edge traffic.
- Always ready architecture: This unique chipset separates the control and data structure in line with the performance speed so that it can offer you scalability and optimal performance speed without worrying about the traffic congestion and complexity of the network edge.
Features and Benefits ASR 1000
The Cisco ASR 1000 Series Routers carry a modular yet integrated design, so network operators can increase their network capacity and services without a hardware upgrade. With flexibility in the number of connections, speed maximums, and price, you don’t have to under- or overprovision for any network location.
Alternatively, you also have the option to buy “-X” and “-HX” models, so you can increase throughput by simply purchasing upgrade licenses as you grow to increase your network speed dynamically.
Cisco Software-Defined WAN
Cisco SD-WAN capability can be enabled on the Cisco ASR 1000 series platforms with IOS-XE. Cisco SD-WAN offers an entirely new way to manage and operate your WAN infrastructure. Cisco SD-WAN is a cloud delivered architecture that offers secure, flexible and rich services with the following key benefits:
- Better user experience: The ability to deploy applications in minutes, on any platform, with a consistent user experience. Deliver predictable performance for applications residing in the data center or in the cloud.
- Greater agility: Faster, easier deployment and operation of your WAN, and get faster performance using less bandwidth. Add new revenue generating services in minutes not months.
- Advanced threat protection: Securely connect your users to applications in minutes and protect your data from the WAN edge to the cloud. Secure segmentation for critical assets and multi-layer, robust security that encrypts all data.
SD-WAN Integrated Security
In order to efficiently connect to multiple cloud infrastructures many enterprise customers want to build an SD-WAN infrastructure that uses Direct Internet Access (DIA). This can save costs and reduce complexity by reducing WAN traffic backhauled to your data centers; however connecting branches directly to the internet without the right security controls exposes your network to threats and vulnerabilities.
With Cisco SD-WAN and the ASR 1000 series platforms, you have integrated security built-right-in for branch DIA security with these integrated security capabilities:
- Application aware enterprise firewall
- DNS layer enforcement (Umbrella)
Cisco ASR 1000 Order Pricing
Cisco ASR 1000 Series try to enhance the of infrastructure and applications management in companies and corporate networks. It gives the access layer infrastructure to its trustworthy users. Indeed there are different ways to contact us and order. The customers should proceed from Cisco License price quote to order and link to our experts to give them the best information and guidance. Our experts give the accurate information to the customers to buy related products and licenses.