Cisco Catalyst 9300 License
The fully licensed Cisco 9200 model switch is simple and efficient and designed in line with the same applications as the 2960X/R series switches. These secure, always-on switches simplify IT for organizations. Cisco Power 9200 series switches extend the innovative Catalyst 9000 hardware and software networks to a wide range of deployments.
Cisco 9200 series switches are the foundation of Cisco’s digital network architecture and help users simplify complexity, optimize IT and reduce operating costs by using intelligence and automation. ) and human expertise help.
Cisco 9200 licensed series switches have PoE+ capabilities, additional power and fan, stacking with bandwidth up to 160 Gbps, modular uplinks, support for layer 3 features and cold patching. So, as a result, they are a unique solution in the industry with different flexibility and upgradable architecture for affordable access to branch offices.
Cisco Catalyst 9300 key features
- Flexible downlink options with data, PoE+ or mGig
- Advanced network monitoring using Full Flexible NetFlow
- Layer 3 capabilities including OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, RIP and routed access
- It has up to 48 ports with full Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE) capability
- The flexibility of FRUs and redundant power supplies, fans and modular uplinks
- Advanced security with AES-128 MACsec encryption, policy-based segmentation and trustworthy systems
- Providing customers with UADP 2.0 Mini with integrated CPU, optimized scale with a lower cost structure
- Operational efficiency with optional previous generation stacking, stacking support with bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
- Plug and Play: A simple, secure, integrated offering for ease of setting up new branches or spaces or upgrading to an existing network.
- Cisco IOS XE: A licensing-based operating system for Cisco Catalyst 9000 products with support for model-driven programming and streaming telemetry.
Extend intent-based networking everywhere
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch extend the power of intent-based networking and Catalyst 9000 hardware and software innovation to a broader set of deployments. With its family pedigree, Catalyst 9200 Series switches offer simplicity without compromise – it is secure, always on, and IT simplified.
As foundational building blocks for the Cisco Digital Network Architecture, Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch License help customers simplify complexity, optimize IT, and reduce operational costs by leveraging intelligence, automation and human expertise that no other vendor can deliver regardless of where you are in the intent-based networking journey.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch License provide security features that protect the integrity of the hardware as well as the software and all data that flows through the switch. It provides resiliency that keeps your business up and running seamlessly. Combine that with open APIs of Cisco IOS XE and programmability of the UADP ASIC technology, Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch License give you what you need now with investment protection on future innovations.
With full PoE+ capability, power and fan redundancy, stacking bandwidth up to 160 Gbps, modular uplinks, Layer 3 feature support, and cold patching, Catalyst 9200 Series switches are the industry’s unparalleled solution with differentiated resiliency and progressive architecture for cost-effective branch-office access.
● Up to 48 ports of full Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capability
● Resiliency with Field-Replaceable Units (FRU) and redundant power supply, fans, and modular uplinks
● Flexible downlink options with data, PoE+ or mGig
● Operational efficiency with optional backplane stacking, supporting stacking bandwidth up to 160 Gbps
● UADP 2.0 Mini with integrated CPU offers customers optimized scale with better cost structure
● Enhanced security with AES-128 MACsec encryption, policy-based segmentation, and trustworthy systems
● Layer 3 capabilities, including OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, RIP, and routed access
● Advanced network monitoring using Full Flexible NetFlow
● Cisco Software-Defined Access (SD-Access):
- Simplified operations and deployment with policy-based automation from edge to cloud managed with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Network assurance and improved resolution time through Cisco DNA Center
● Plug and Play (PnP) enabled: A simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new branch or campus device rollouts or updates to an existing network
● Cisco IOS XE: A Common Licensing based operating system for the enterprise Cisco Catalyst 9000 product family with support for model-driven programmability and streaming telemetry
● ASIC with programmable pipeline and micro-engine capabilities, along with template-based, configurable allocation of Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Quality of Service (QoS) entries Power supplies
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Switch License support dual field-replaceable power supplies (Figure 3). Each switch ships with one default power supply, and a second identical power supply can be purchased with the initial order or can be added at a later time. The second power supply can provide redundancy or additional power to PoE+ ports as needed.
● IEEE 802.3at PoE+ (up to 30W per port) is supported on Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches to lower the total cost of ownership for deployments that incorporate Cisco IP phones, Cisco Aironet wireless access points, or other standards-compliant PoE+ end devices. PoE+ removes the need to supply wall power to PoE-enabled devices and eliminates the cost of adding electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments. With Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches, PoE+ power allocation is dynamic, and power mapping scales up to a maximum of 1440W of PoE+ power.
● Perpetual PoE is supported on Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches, and maintains the PoE+ power during a switch reload. This is important for critical endpoints such as medical devices and for Internet of Things (IoT) endpoints such as PoE-powered lights, so that there is no disruption during a switch reboot.
● Fast PoE: When power is restored to a switch, Fast PoE starts delivering power to endpoints without waiting for the operating system to fully load, thereby speeding up the time for the endpoint to start up.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switch models are designed for stacking switches as a single virtual switch, enabling customers to have a single management plane and control plane for up to 384 access ports.
Mixed stacking is not supported. You cannot stack fixed (C9200L SKUs) with modular (C9200 SKUs) models, or other Catalyst switches, e.g. Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR Series.
The optional StackWise-160 and StackWise-80 kits consist of two adapters and a stacking cable. The default stacking cable is 0.5 m, but options of 1 m and 3 m are also available.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches also come with dual fans and support redundancy. Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches support redundancy with dual fans. On the C9200 SKUs, the fan units are field-replaceable, whereas on the fixed C9200L SKUs, the fan units are fixed.
Platform software benefits
Cisco IOS XE
Cisco IOS XE Software opens a completely new paradigm in network configuration, operation, and monitoring through network automation. Cisco’s automation solution is open, standards-based, and extensible across the entire lifecycle of a network device. The various automation mechanisms are outlined below.
● Automated device provisioning is the ability to automate the process of upgrading software images and installing configuration files on Cisco Catalyst switches when they are being deployed in the network for the first time. Cisco provides turnkey solutions such as Plug and Play and Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) that enable an effortless and automated deployment.
● API-driven configuration is available with modern network switches such as Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches. It supports a wide range of automation features and provides robust open APIs over NETCONF and RESTCONF using YANG data models for external tools, both off the shelf and custom built, to automatically provision network resources.
● Granular visibility enables model-driven telemetry to stream data from a switch to a destination. The data to be streamed is identified through subscription to a data set in a YANG model. The subscribed data set is streamed to the destination at specified intervals. Additionally, Cisco IOS XE enables the push model. It provides near-real-time monitoring of the network, leading to quick detection and rectification of failures.
● Seamless software upgrades and patching supports OS resilience. On Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches Cisco IOS XE supports cold patching with reboot, which provides fixes for critical bugs and security vulnerabilities between regular maintenance releases. This support lets you add patches without having to wait for the next maintenance release. Cold patching requires the switch to be rebooted after patching to allow the changes to take effect.
● Trustworthy solutions built with Cisco Catalyst License Trust Anchor Technologies provide a highly secure foundation for Cisco products. With Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches, these technologies enable hardware and software authenticity assurance for supply chain trust and strong mitigation against man-in-the-middle attacks that compromise software and firmware. Trust Anchor capabilities include image signing, Secure Boot, and Cisco Trust Anchor module.
● High availability: Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches support high-availability features, including the following:
- Cross-stack EtherChannel provides the ability to configure Cisco EtherChannel technology across different members of the stack for high resiliency.
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) provides rapid spanning tree convergence independent of spanning tree timers and also offers the benefit of Layer 2 load balancing and distributed processing.
- Per-VLAN Rapid Spanning Tree (PVRST+) allows rapid spanning tree (IEEE 802.1w) reconvergence on a per-VLAN spanning tree basis, providing simpler configuration than MSTP. In both MSTP and PVRST+ modes, stacked units behave as a single spanning tree node.
- Switch-port auto-recovery (“err-disable” recovery) automatically attempts to reactivate a link that is disabled because of a network error.
The Foundation of Software-Defined Access
Secure Segmentation with SD-Access
The enterprise network lies at the heart of digital transformation. A network that is open, programmable, integrated, and secure maximizes business agility, allowing new business opportunities to be pursued and captured.
Cisco DNA with SD-Access is the network fabric that powers business. It is an open and extensible software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms your business. SD-Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities. These include:
● Simplified device deployment
● Unified management of wired and wireless networks
● Network virtualization and segmentation
● Group-based policies
● Context-based analytics
● SD-Access: Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches are the entry-level devices for SD-Access, Cisco’s lead enterprise architecture, with policy-based automation from edge to cloud.
Simplified segmentation and micro-segmentation, with predictable performance and scalability
- Automation through Cisco DNA Center
- Policy handled through the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Faster launch of new business services and significantly improved issue resolution time
- Full network visibility and monitoring
- End-to-end Quality of Experience (QoE)
- Fast issue resolution and network remediation
● Plug and Play (PnP) enabled: A simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new branch or campus device rollouts or updates to an existing network
● Umbrella Integration: Small to midsize networks reliant on managed service providers can now host Cisco Umbrella agent directly on their Catalyst 9200 series switches. This allows the business to easily customize their DNS filtering policies to prevent BYOD or IoT guest or corporate users from accessing malicious or inappropriate websites, without having to rely on the MSP to push the policies out. It also lets them optimize use of bandwidth by allowing direct cloud access for trusted apps. Requires DNA-Advantage License and Umberlla License per device
Full Flexible NetFlow
● Full Flexible NetFlow (FNF): Cisco IOS FNF is the next generation in flow visibility technology. It enables optimization of the network infrastructure, reduces operation costs, and improves capacity planning and security incident detection with increased flexibility and scalability. Catalyst 9200 Series switches are capable of up to 16,000 flow entries on 48-port and 24 port models.
● Superior QoS: Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches offer Gigabit Ethernet speeds with intelligent services that keep traffic flowing smoothly, even at 10 times the normal network speed. Industry-leading mechanisms for cross-stack marking, classification, and scheduling deliver superior performance for data, voice, and video traffic at wire speed. Superior QoS includes granular wireless bandwidth management and fair sharing, 802.1p Class of Service (CoS) and Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) field classification, Shaped Round Robin (SRR) scheduling, Committed Information Rate (CIR), and eight egress queues per port.
WebUI is an embedded GUI-based device-management tool that provides the ability to provision the device, to simplify device deployment and manageability, and to enhance the user experience. It comes with the default image, so there is no need to enable anything or install any license on the device. You can use WebUI to build configurations, and to monitor and troubleshoot the device without having CLI expertise.
● RFID tags:
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches have an embedded RFID tag that facilitates easy asset and inventory management using commercial RFID readers.
● Blue beacon:
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches support both front and back blue beacon LEDs for easy identification of the switch being accessed.
● Efficient switch operation:
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches provide optimum power saving with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) on the RJ-45 ports and low-power operations for industry best-in-class power management and power consumption capabilities. The ports support reduced power modes so that ports not in use can move into a lower power utilization state. Other efficient switch operation features are as follows:
Per-port power consumption command allows customers to specify a maximum power setting on an individual port. Per-port PoE power sensing measures actual power being drawn, enabling more intelligent control of powered devices. The PoE MIB provides proactive visibility into power usage and allows you to set different power-level thresholds.
● Bluetooth ready:
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches have hardware support to connect a Bluetooth dongle to your switch, enabling you to use this wireless interface as an IP management port interface. The port can be used for configuration and troubleshooting using WebUI or the Command-Line Interface (CLI), and to transfer images and configurations.
High-performance ip routing
The Cisco Express Forwarding hardware routing architecture delivers extremely high-performance IP routing in Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches, based on:
● IP unicast routing protocols (including static, Routing Information Protocol Version 1 [RIPv1], RIPv2, RIPng, and Open Shortest Path First [OSPF], Routed Access) are supported for small network routing applications with the Network Essentials stack. Equal-cost routing facilitates Layer 3 load balancing and redundancy across the stack.
● Advanced IP unicast routing protocols (including Full [OSPF], Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol [EIGRP], and Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System Version 4 [IS-ISv4]) are supported for load balancing and for constructing scalable LANs. IPv6 routing (using OSPFv3 and EIGRPv6) is supported in hardware for maximum performance.
● Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM) for IP multicast routing is supported, including PIM sparse mode (PIM SM), and Source-Specific Multicast (SSM).
● IPv6 addressing is supported on interfaces with appropriate show commands for monitoring and troubleshooting.
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Order Pricing
Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series try to enhance the of infrastructure and applications management in companies and corporate networks. It gives the access layer infrastructure to its trustworthy users. Indeed there are different ways to contact us and order. The customers should proceed from Cisco License price quote to order and link to our experts to give them the best information and guidance. Our experts give the accurate information to the customers to buy related products and licenses.