Cisco Catalyst 3850 Switch License
Cisco Catalyst 3850 Switch
The digital transformation: Converged wired and wireless access and aggregation
The promise of digital for your business is all about innovating more quickly while reducing risk, cost, and complexity. It will be your network that forms the foundation of your business’s transformation. But supporting your digital organization will require your network to move beyond just connectivity to be a platform for insights, automation, and security.
This is the power of the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA).
Cisco DNA is a monumental shift on how to design and build networks. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series, as part of the Cisco DNA portfolio of next-generation enterprise-class stackable Ethernet and Multigigabit Ethernet access and aggregation layer switches, securely enables time-saving virtualization, greater automation, and valuable analytics data that directly address your evolving business needs, including less cost to install and operate.
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Switch Series provides capabilities that ideally suited to support the convergence of wired and wireless access. The new Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, and application optimization. This convergence is built on the resilience of the new and improved Cisco StackWise-480 technology.
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series Switches support full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE®), modular and field-replaceable network modules, RJ-45 and fiber-based downlink interfaces, and redundant fans and power supplies.
Click Here for Ordering guide of Cisco Catalyst 3850 Switch License
● Integrated wireless controller capability with:
- Up to 40G of wireless capacity per switch (48-port RJ45 models)
- Support for up to 100 access points and 2000 wireless clients on each switching entity (switch or stack)
● 24 and 48 10/100/1000Mbps data PoE+ and Cisco UPOE models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
● 24 and 48 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps Cisco UPOE models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
● 12- and 24-port 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP-based models
● 12- and 24-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+-based models
● 48-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ model with 4 fixed 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ uplinks
● Cisco StackWise-480 technology provides scalability and resiliency with 480 Gbps of stack throughput
● Cisco StackPower technology provides power stacking among stack members for power redundancy1
● Five optional uplink modules with 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet4, or 2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports
● Dual redundant, modular power supplies and three modular fans providing redundancy
● Full IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) with 30W power on all copper ports in 1 Rack Unit (RU) form factor
● Cisco UPOE with 60W power per port in 1 Rack Unit (RU) form factor
● IEEE 802.3bz (2.5/5 G/s BASE-T) to go beyond 1 Gb/s with existing Cat5e and Cat6
● IEEE 802.1ba AV Bridging (AVB) built-in to provide better AV experience for including improved time synchronization and QoS
● Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, modular Quality of Service (QoS), Flexible NetFlow (FNF), and enhanced security features
● Single universal Cisco IOS Software image across all license levels, providing an easy upgrade path for software features
● Cisco DNA services delivered through Cisco ONE Software, providing simplified, high-value solutions with license portability and flexibility
● Support for AES-256 with the powerful MACSEC 256-bit for SFP+ and Multigigabit models and 128-bit encryption algorithm available on all models
● Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) with Next Business Day (NBD) advance hardware replacement and 90-day access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support